Description du poste
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Majestic Realty Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Inspired by the pioneering spirit of the West, Hotel Drover delivers true Texas hospitality. Named to honor the legendary cowboys who drove cattle to market across the plains, Hotel Drover is an Autograph Collection® property, offering a truly unique guest experience in the heart of the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
Our goal is simple. To harness the true spirit of the Stockyards through the legacy of the drover, creating an experience that can only be achieved here in Fort Worth. Proud of where we came from, we greet visitors with a tip of the hat and a firm handshake, welcoming all to enjoy life’s simple pleasures and genuine Texas hospitality.
So, dust off your boots, grab your hat and join us at Hotel Drover.
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of the Fort Worth Stockyards while caring deeply about our brand and community – someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our employees, guests, and community.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will whole-heartedly take responsibility for ensuring Hotel Drover successfully delivers Legendary Service to every guest, every day.
This position will report to the VP/General Manager and be expected to provide direct administrative support. This includes proactive calendar management, meeting preparation and follow-up, supporting hotel operations when necessary, and a willingness jump in and execute wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role is deeply passionate about hospitality, specifically creating memorable guest experience and being a critical part of a vibrant, thriving workplace culture. This person will be extremely proactive and eager to grow by seeking out opportunities to expand the VP/General Manager’s bandwidth. The scope of the role will expand based on the individual’s capacity and desire to learn and grow.
• Mindfully represent Hotel Drover by warmly greeting all stakeholders in person and on the telephone, reviewing incoming correspondence, answering questions and responding to requests directed VP/General Manager.
• Serving as a key point of contact and facilitator of high-profile guest needs in partnership with hotel operations team.
• Conserve senior executives’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Act as a liaison between Hotel Drover senior executives and Home Office.
• Meticulously manage VP/General Manager calendars and the organization’s calendar by planning, scheduling, and coordinating meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Proactively manage and communicate VP/General Manager’s calendar to relevant stakeholder based on daily, weekly, and monthly priorities.
• Schedule and help prepare agendas for specified internal and external meetings. Maintain, record, distribute, and archive minutes of each meeting.
• Prepare reports and other required documents as requested.
• Manage and maintain the company’s filing system.
• Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Ensure VP/General Manager office space is clean, professional, and organized at all times.
• Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by VP/General Manager, which may include printing and assembling materials for meetings, sending email reminders for key events, assisting with basic financial documents; etc.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Thoughtfully represent the Hotel Drover brand while embodying our core values.
• Service-oriented heart with a passion for hospitality.
• Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative.
• Ability make sound judgments in the absence of direction.
• Ability to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the senior executives and manage multiple priorities at one time.
• Agile and calm in the face of changing situations and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with a successful track record as an Executive Assistant in luxury hotel resort or similar setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Highly skilled in PowerPoint, Excel, and other tools.
HOTEL DROVER OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
• Personal and professional growth opportunities.
• Workplace culture with heart and soul.
• Wellbeing benefits for you and your family.
• Career experience of a lifetime.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.