Description du poste
Responsible for leading the HR operations of their hotels (Area HR Directors as well as their own hotels (up to 30), by providing efficient solutions for HR operational challenges that contribute to improved colleague/guest experiences and bottom line savings. Focus on effective performance and implementation of the People Playbook, developing HR teams, ensuring ethical compliance, building strong Hyatt DNA and culture, and building pipeline for future growth.
This position will report to the RVP HR and partner with the Head of Operations to establish goals and priorities for the Greater China Area hotels ensuring the delivery of Hyatt’s Purpose to care for people so they can be their best.
- Talent Philosophy: Ensure People Playbook tenants are fully understood and implemented throughout the hotels
- Consistent/Effective Operating Standards: Evaluate and ensure that HR operating policies are consistently implemented and adhered to. Ensure ongoing MORs in place to measure operational standards. Develop /Overview action plans for underperforming hotels
- Communications: Act as the communications link between COEs and hotels to ensure effective HR services are delivered and close feedback loops;
- Colleague Engagement: Review and action on any colleague survey data related to hotels that impact colleague experiences that are systemic. Develop solutions together with HRDs and GMs
- HR Competitiveness: Keep abreast of market trends and ensure HR operating competitiveness
- Building Relationships/Staying Connected: Visit key hotels on a regular basis to assess engagement of colleagues, leadership performance, HR operations.
- Hotel Productivity: Participate in monthly call with key hotels to review hotel productivity level (might reconsider the approach under the new structure)
- Hotel Productivity: Analytics/Reporting_(Health Check, Salary Survey, Payroll Mgmt) for Operations teams. Monitor and review together with Operations and Finance effective hotel payroll measures and containment plans - COVID
- Hotel Performance: Review business plan together with Operations Team and Area Vice Presidents and or Area Directors of HR, ensuring that Headcount, FTE and salary/ICP allocating are correctly factored into the plan.
- Total Rewards: Annual ICP process validation and communication with owners for own areas; Annual Salary review process for own area.
- Hyatt Culture: Instil Hyatt Culture ensuring it is widely developed in each property through surveys, meetings, virtual calls, MORs, etc.
HR Business Partner
- Provide support to Head of Operations and Area Vice Presidents related to any key people related initiatives.
- Partner on counselling General Mangers on employee related issues
- GM Moves: Facilitate all on boarding, and key relocation items for General Manager moves. Additionally, handle all GM exit processes, letters, etc.
- Coordinate Buddy system for General Managers
- Manage and communicate Handover process for General Managers
Investigations/Employee Relations/Owner Relations
- Provide counselling and coaching to hotel HR teams when employee relations issues are escalated specifically related to Leadership Committee members and Human Resource Team members.
- Conduct audits and/or investigations in hotels related to complaints, grievances, performance issues, team issues, write up reports, develop solutions/ action plans and present to management teams and potentially owners
- Provide support to Head of Operations, Area Vice Presidents and Area Directors of HR on employee related matters that are escalated and related to Hotel Managers, General Mangers, LC members or HRDs. Conduct investigations, draft replies, etc. Follow up directly with owner regarding Hyatt Policies and procedures, attend meetings with owners, draft owner letters, review complaints, write disciplinary letters and more.
- Build HR capability in Hotel teams through Area HRDs; ensure effective succession planning and development of key individuals and top talent
- Conduct performance development plans together with GMs for Area Directors of HR. Ensure that the same exercise is completed for all their employees.
- Be a role model for the Area Directors of HR and Hotel HRDs. Provide regular and ongoing coaching of Area Directors of HR.
- Hold regular meetings with Area Directors of HR and Hotel DHRs to ensure they are up to date with most recent company operational / HR data.
- Manage onboarding for Directors of HR
- Work together with Director HR - Openings and Transition on to plan toward smooth openings. Assist on Area Director of HR with any operational related items in opening hotels
- Attend Pre-opening Strategy workshops as official handover from O&T team (only for their own hotels - Area Team for area hotels)
Ideally with a university degree or diploma in relevant field. Minimum 8 years of HR experience in hospitality industry. Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must. Must have the ability to travel as needed.