Description du poste
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Manage capital expenditures, hotel renovation/refurbishment, conversion renovation projects and/or new hotel construction for Company Owned, Leased or Managed hotels under the direction of the VP or AVP of Technical Services, using the resources of both in-house staff and external consultants. Collaborate with VPs of Technical Services in managing the Owned, Leased and Managed portfolio consisting mainly of the Up-Scale hotels with involvement in the Mid-scale hotels. Investigate for assigned hotels all: a) building and engineering systems b) building and other architectural code issues c) and deferred maintenance deficiencies; and prepare a capital plan with input from Operations and Asset Management to correct any issues surfaced. Execute capital investment and maintenance capital projects in the Americas region as assigned to drive real estate values and brand distribution. Responsible for delivering all projects on time, within budget and on approved scope.
- Coordinate and maintain the design process in assigned hotels. Initiate installation/construction contracts and control costs against capital/project budgets; provide capital/project spend reports to Operations/Ownerships/VP and/or AVP Technical Services as requested or on a monthly basis by assisting capital control group with this effort. Coordinate with procurement to ensure timely delivery of FF&E (Furnishings, Finishings and Equipment)/OS&E (Operational Supplies & Equipment). Manage all projects to ensure compliance with codes, brand standards, schedules and approved scope.
- Develop and implement processes for effectively deploying and maintaining all Company capital expenditures for Owned, Leased and/or Managed assets in the Americas. Examples include development of proper scope of work, budgets, schedules and maintaining effective project management systems.
- Support Company assets in the Americas by vigorously maintaining up-to-date capital plans for each assigned asset and by providing efficient technical solutions to existing hotel designs under changing operating conditions.
- Communicate and monitor project specifications with outside vendors (architectural, design, engineering and contracting firms) to ensure scope and responsibilities are understood and Company standards are met.
- Support the Americas Development and Asset Management department through the active realization of state-of-the-art and cost efficient designs, space planning, engineering, and construction and project management techniques.
- Develop highly customized architecture and design reviews, including detailed documentation for each hotel, encompassing FF&E refurbishment, F&B (Food and Beverage) quality, and customer service:
- At franchise license renewal time
- When a new franchise license request is made
- When a new owned/joint venture hotel is acquired or built
- Upon change in ownership
- Ensure full and complete due diligence practices are executed to deliver sound capital plans which meet the architectural and brand standards interpretations as defined by the Area VP, Technical Services.
Education: Bachelors or Master''s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Architecture, and Construction Management strongly preferred or equivalent years’ experience in relative work experience.
Experience: 10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 5 to 7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects. Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in the design, project management, and/or development of hospitality structures with direct accountability for scope, schedule and budget. Priority to be given to individuals with direct Hospitality Experience. Must be able and have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously ranging in size from $500,000 to $30 million dollars. Must have working knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, roofing and other building systems.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Demonstrated experience using Excel, Word, MS Project or similar programs for reporting and daily work purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to direct a global organization with diverse architectural, business, cultural, and personnel realities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide efficient technical solutions to existing hotel designs under changing operating conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of architectural design, how to conduct plan reviews of architectural and design documents, and applicable codes/laws
- Demonstrated experience in capital project management, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, contract negotiation, and execution
- Demonstrated understanding of real estate development processes
- Demonstrated understanding of hotel operations and the hospitality industry
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Temps plein
- Atlanta, GA, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat