Description du poste
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As an Executive Chef, you will lead and direct the culinary operations, ensuring food preparation process and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards, revenue goals are met. and food and supply costs are controlled. At the same time, you will always follow government regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the overall strategic plan of the overall culinary aspects and help compile the annual hotel business plan
- Keep abreast of culinary trends in your area and implement best practice initiatives
- Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
- Develop systems that measure and control the cost effectiveness of the department
- Effectively monitor and analyses variations from the budget
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
- Develop new dishes and products that is value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal according to IHG Performance Management standard
- Make sure that the team is actively engaged with all hotel engagement activities
- Ensure training needs analysis of your departmental staff is carried out and training programme are designed and implemented to meet needs
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, Culinary Arts, or any other related field
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Culinary Leader in a five-star hotel.
- Proven track record as Executive Chef with 5 star hotel environment
- High level of energy and drive to achieve operational and business goals
- Mature demeanor with a young heart
- Positivity and flexibility to work in small or large teams towards the success of own division as well as the overall hotel
- Ability to initiate and follow through new projects and drives
- A proven track record of creativity and innovation; out of box thinking
- Hunger for great guest service and high financial excellence
- Leadership capability to drive high levels of motivation, development, and performance standards in a diverse team
- A personal drive for self-development and learning new ways of doing things
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a housing, transportation, recreation facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, and many more!
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.