Description du poste
Are you looking for a Food & Beverage Lead role that will offer you Flexibility, variety, diversity and where you can stamp you mark on the Food and Beverage departments?
InterContinental Edinburgh The George are looking for a Food & Beverage Lead based in Edinburgh City Centre, this role will work closely with the operations team, in InterContinental Hotels Group''s Leased hotel, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialise in delivering exceptional services to its guests.
Our Food & Beverage Lead ensures the effective and efficient running of the hotel food and beverage teams ensuring profit ratios are achieved, brand standards are consistently applied, and guest expectation are consistently exceeded as a result of exceptional service delivery
You will work collaboratively with other Head of Departments to deliver a seamless guest experience, particularly where food & Beverage are a critical component of the experience.
This role will give a great opportunity for an Experienced Food & Beverage Lead to coach and lead the food & Beverage teams and play a major part in the property’s growth and development.
Our Food and Beverage Lead is accountable for: Meeting & Events | Lounges | Pantry | Breakfast | In Room Dining | Minibar | Hotel Restaurant | Hotel Bar | Coffee Shop | Main Kitchen | Satellite Kitchens
- Supports with the creation of, and executes the overall hotel food and beverage strategy
- Accountable for overall performance of the team including guest experience, workforce planning (including recruitment and rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Regular review, audit and remedy of issues found for food and beverage systems and ways of working; including but not limited to menu engineering, stock control, HACCP across all divisions, restaurant and bar reservation processes, food quality and service delivery
- Aware of market trends and able to develop a compelling case to implement new Food & Beverage initiatives
- Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance that promotes company culture.
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Create environment where best practice can be shared
- Owns with managers, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Proven track record of delivering results
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused Food & Beverage Department and have strong people management experience.
- Preferred completion of a degree or certificate in Culinary Arts and Wines, Hotel Management or equivalent relevant experience
- To have led one or more food and beverage departments for 3 or more years in a global hotel brand of the same classification (5 Star) with comparable size and complexity
- Has experience critically assessing past and future performance, write month end reports and successfully present performance to senior leadership
- Is a personal license holder
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 3 and demonstrate thirst for F&B knowledge through travel, completion of courses such as WSET or stages completed
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes–table reservation and management system, Delphi (or respective M&E diary management system), front and back end of Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can demonstrate commercial acumen relating to F&B with a good understanding of marketing activity and strategies for various booking channels
- Market Leading Salary
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Food & Beverage Lead,?then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK