Description du poste
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
About the Job:
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Learning & Development Manager to join Human Resources department at Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel & Dar al Masyaf Villas. The main purpose of this role is to direct and manage the implementation of the hotel's and company-wide L&D strategy and initiatives in order to develop and manage the right talent by building internal capability to meet current and future business needs, as well as to develop high-potential employees, retain high caliber talent and enable the delivery of the Group's strategic objectives.
- Manage the SBU’s learning and development need analysis, through brainstorming sessions with various departments and the analysis of employee requests and guest feedback, to ensure the development of a comprehensive and fit-for-purpose L&D plan.
- Manage the development and implementation of an integrated SBU learning and development plan to prioritize critical areas and equip Colleagues with the skill sets required to meet current and future business objectives.
- Recommend the nature, frequency and purpose of key L&D initiatives offered, both in-house and outsourced, in line with the operations’ strategy, and ensure that all opportunities are leveraged to maximize learning whilst optimizing incurred costs.
- Supervise the development and implementation of the SBU’s talent management process, including performance management and colleague mobility, to enable the SBU to optimize its use of talent and foster an achievement culture.
- Review nominations received from the various SBU departments and review them and shortlist/ recommend participants to verify that the selected L&D service selected suits colleagues’ job and training history.
- Manage the development and update of training materials, such as course objectives, charts, user guides etc., to ensure that they convey training content in a compelling, accurate and trainee-friendly manner.
- Manage the implementation of the succession planning process for key roles within the SBU, by identifying mission-critical roles and potential successors, to build a strong succession pipeline for the SBU’s future.
- Manage the selection and assessment of external service providers and the monitoring of their service delivery to secure highly qualified technical expertise to support the SBU’s L&D agenda.
- Manage the definition of L&D feedback mechanisms and the collation of feedback on the SBU’s L&D services in order capitalize on strengths and address areas of improvement in a pro-active manner.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Learning & Development department providing guidance, encouraging teamwork, and facilitating related professional work processes to achieve high performance standards and liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Recommend some improvements to departmental policy, implement approved departmental policies, processes, and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to guests and maintaining standards of excellence.
- Partner with the HR team to recommend and develop employee engagement programs and activities that enhance employment experience.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and trends in the industry.
- Manage E-learning platforms (I.E, Axonify) and Learning management system solution for planning, execution, documentation, tracking, and reporting of knowledge or skill-based courses and training programs.
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.