Description du poste
Team Leader, Operations
Burj Al Arab
Operations/Health and Safety
Health and Safety Manager
Conditions of Work:
Team Leader spends most of their day in the sun, and the water, there may at times be injuries or incidents of a serious nature requiring his / her attention.
To ensure lifeguards maintain the highest standards of safety and professionalism by implementing the Ellis and Associates protocols and setting an example by maintaining an equal or higher standard of professionalism and skills than that of the lifeguards.
- Operations Department
- All Department as required
- Other SBU’s as required
- To respond to any emergency that may arise within an area of Operations supervision. Taking control of the situation by providing / supervising first responder first aid when required while maintaining adequate personal protection at all times. Ensuring adequate hand over to any senior colleague members arriving at the scene in order to maintain the highest standards of safety and care by adhering to the guidelines of the Ellis & Associates program.
- To support the H&S Manager in overseeing Lifeguards within the property in order to ensure that all Step By Steps and Emergency Actions Plans are communicated, followed and practiced by all colleagues.
- To support the H&S Manager in overseeing Lifeguards within the property in order to ensure all Ellis & Associates guidelines are communicated and followed by all colleagues. – i.e.
- To maintain own skill levels to an equal or higher standard than that of the lifeguards in order to ensure that the Lifeguards and Lifeguard training requirements maintain the highest standards of safety and skills.
- To ensure the relevant administrative documents are well prepared, controlled and all deadlines and reports are completed accurately and turned in a timely manner to the appropriate person in order to maintain professional records of daily occurrences.
- To have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the role of Operations and its value to the organization, and its support of the Jumeirah Mission Statement, Guiding Principles, Hallmarks, H.E.A.R.T. of Jumeirah and S.P.I.R.I.T of Jumeirah.
- To respond to guest complaints in the first instance, and if unable to resolve the guests concern to bring the matter to the attention of an HS&E Manager to resolve problems / concerns as quickly and informally as possible in order ensure the needs of our guests in relation to Customer Service Index are addressed and understood.
- To deal with any colleague disciplinary and grievances at the lowest and most informal level, referring unresolved problems to the appropriate senior colleagues and further ensure regular colleague performance appraisals in order to understand, address and satisfy the individual needs of Lifeguards.
- To provide a professional lifeguard service at any Jumeirah property and exclusive use event when needed, and to assist in the preparations of facilities for special functions, themed evenings etc in order to contribute to the success of the Waterpark and the organization.
To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require. Fit and Healthy to Manage by Walking around.
- Role Specifications
- Certified Ellis and Associates Special Facilities lifeguard
- Certified Ellis and Associates Instructor
- Basic Leadership course or equivalent.
- 6 months experience at any aquatic facility related to lifeguard operations.
- 1 Year experience in a leadership role at any aquatic facility related to lifeguard operations
- Must have English or Business English equivalent,
- Be able to swim as per Ellis and Associates requirements
- Basic Computer skills
- Strong swimmer
- Competent in computer skills
- Outdoor person comfortable working in the sun and water
- Identifiable leadership skills,
- Friendly outgoing person
- open minded toward a multi-national organization
- Fit and Healthy
- Loves working outdoors.
Last Updated by:
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.