Description du poste
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The Assistant Director conceptualizes, creates, implements and manages all major and mid-size direct marketing appeal campaigns across the Hotel.
This role is responsible for developing strategy, content, and creative with a consistent look and messaging across various channels whilst staying within the S&M budget.
Identify and develop revenue growth strategies for the hotel through
direct marketing efforts, including mail, email, web, social media, and new
Manage the direct marketing and communication plan, including: Idea conception, creating content, design and execution for all mail, email, web, social media appeals in conjunction with the Social Media team and Graphic designer
Manage external vendor relationships and negotiate work contracts and fees, ensuring deadlines and quality work product is met
Build and recommend to leadership a comprehensive and strategic solicitation calendar and marketing plan including mail, email, and social media appeals.
Ensures the hotel is correctly positioned and all marketing communications are communicated in a timely manner to the appropriate target market maximizing revenue during need times and conforms to Marriott brand guidelines and brand voice.
Responsible for leading the Hotel’s Marketing & Ecommerce strategy along with compiling the yearly PR, Ecommerce & marketing plan in conjunction with the DOM.
Develop a good working relationship with tourism bureaus, media, and community leaders.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Marketing and 5 years Marketing experience in a 5 star environment
Proven track record of success in marketing roles.
Confident, driven and dynamic leader.
- Previously a Marketing manager in a 5 star hotel.
- Up to date knowledge of marketing best practice and an eye for creative marketing opportunities.
Strong analytical, organization and critical thinking skills
Ability to conceptualize as well as have a strong attention to detail
Strong interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills
Ability to exercise independent judgment, manage multiple projects and prioritize simultaneously
Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Strong teambuilding, communication and leadership skills
Proven ability to work under stress and tight deadlines
Applied Business Knowledge - Understanding market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of Marriott’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills - Diversity relations, customer service orientation, team work
Organization - Orientation, multi-tasking, time management
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
In conjunction with DOM and ADOPR Set goals, provide metrics, analyze, and evaluate annual marketing and PR plan in order to help meet growth goals in Rooms, F&B and Spa
Provide feedback and help direct the development of collateral, signage and all relevant marketing materials
Lead and strategize special campaigns with a focus on social media and emerging technologies
Stay abreast of best practices and industry trends by attending educational events i.e. DTCM
Recruitment and selection of new members of the marketing team.
Ensuring staffing levels are maintained in order to complete all aspects of the company’s marketing strategy.
Carrying out competitor analysis to ensure the company’s marketing strategy is competing effectively (need more focus on this)
Tracking and reporting on all marketing activities to the Director of Sales and Marketing i.e. website and email marketing campaigns with applied ROI
Activates and ensures supervision on all photoshoots on property to ensure brand image is protected
Working closely with other heads of departments and senior directors on company projects
Making sure that brand guidelines are adhered to in all marketing activities across the Hotel and that a consistent marketing message is communicated across all mediums
Representing the company at industry events and conferences when appropriate
Understanding and meeting the needs of key stakeholders and developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish these goals
- Working with and directing the team to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals and resolve problems.
- Managing the team performance through regular 121, LPP and PDP process
- Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant market information in a timely manner
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Collaborating with Intra-Organizational Resources i.e. Cluster and Regional team to Manage Projects, Achieve Goals and Solve Problems to build awareness and increase exposure for the hotel and restaurants.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Maintains website content and updates website with new promotions in order to generate additional revenue.
- Directs all creative print fulfilment; ensures corporate branding standards and legal compliances are met and incorporated into collateral.
- Develops ad layouts, creates copy, selects photography and provides creative expertise for local/regional ads.
- Identify and develop growth strategies for revenue through direct marketing efforts, including mail, email, web, social media, and new media channels.
- Manage the direct marketing and communication plan, including: Idea conception, creating content, design and execution for all mail, email, web, social media appeals
- Manage external vendor relationships and negotiate work contracts and fees, ensuring deadlines and quality work product is met
- Up to date knowledge of marketing best practice and an eye for creative marketing opportunities.
- Carrying out competitor analysis to ensure the company’s marketing strategy is competing effectively
- Uses and interprets all reporting necessary for sound marketing recommendations, including but not limited to DMA source market reports, past guest lists (utilizing leisure rate codes) and tracking.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Temps plein
- Dubai, Émirats arabes unis
- Ventes et marketing
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat