Description du poste
Directs the property's Travel Industry Sales function verifying that client expectations are production goals are met. Selectively sells Travel Industry business in the in the interest of maximizing guest rooms and food and beverage revenue. Develops and implements sales and marketing programs and strategies for the Travel Industry Sales market.
Acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and closes group business in addition to conducting site inspections. Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
Supporting Developing and Executing Sales Strategies
•Manages the property's Travel Industry Sales function verifying that client expectations and production goals are met.
• Works with sales leader to promote understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the Director of Sales (DOS).
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Actively participate where necessary on all special projects such as Site Inspections, Familiarization (FAM) trips.
• Plans and participates in Sales trips and industry related meetings.
• Participates in departmental sales meetings, relevant operational meetings and pre-cons.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to promote maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Manages the solicitation and business negotiation efforts to maximize room revenue and achieve sales goals.
• Promotes the property's inclusion into national and international accounts through tour wholesale operations, travel agent consortiums and airline operations.
Business Evaluation Manager
• Participates in sales calls to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Manages the orchestration of the International Travel program as it relates to business development and property package creation.
• Partners with the marketing department to plan and direct a comprehensive marketing program to promote the property as a viable destination for travel industry market segments.
• Selectively sells Travel Industry business in the interest of maximizing guest rooms and food and beverage revenue.
• Develops and implements sales and marketing programs and strategies for the Travel Industry Sales market.
Analyzing and Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property's financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing financial projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g. rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Executes and supports the company's Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectation, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Group Sales within the Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to verify the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
•Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with Global Sales Organization (GSO) Managers and customers.