Description du poste
Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski
The Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski is a haven of tranquillity in the heart of New Cairo. Offering a range of palatial services, the hotel features the finest rooms coupled with the highest levels of service and is an ideal base from which to explore the amazing city of Cairo.
The hotel’s optimum location on the city’s ring road and its close proximity to Cairo International Airport make the hotel the perfect starting point from which to explore Cairo’s treasures.
Director of Groups & Events
Leading and organising an effective Group & Event Sales Team including recruitment, training, development and supervision in compliance with the Kempinski Standards.
Monitoring, supervising and constantly improving the Service Quality of the Department/Hotel
Consolidation and advancement of the hotel’s market position in the Event & Group domain
Revenue maximization in Event & Group field to reach or surpass the predetermined budget
Comprehensive over-departmental communication to ensure highest possible guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for revenue generation from received leads in the Event & Group field.
- Develop an Event & Group forecast in coordination with the Director of Revenue Management/ Revenue Manager.
- Responsible for Development (or improvement) & active conversion of an effective Event & Group Sales Strategy.
- Recognize need periods and actively find possible solutions in coordination with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Sales and the Field Sales Team.
- Reach (and possibly surpass) the monthly and yearly revenue goals.
- Set and regularly review goals for the Groups & Events Sales team and its individual team members.
- Leadership, training, development, encouragement and support of the Groups & Events Sales Team.
- Responsible for the training and incorporating of new team members (and trainees).
- Performance Control for the subordinate team members.
- Analysis and utilization of the Mystery Shopper program.
- Supervise regular Competition Checks.
- Encourage cross-selling to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Implementation of regular departmental meetings to ensure inter-departmental communication.
- Secure a proper communication of all Event & Group details to the Event Managers and Groups & Events Coordinators.
- Monitor the Opera S&C System and ensure the system is set up properly to guarantee internal efficiency, customer satisfaction, hence maximizing revenue performances.
- Review F&B menus, meeting services, etc. and the according pricing structure for the Event area in conjunction with the F&B Manager & the Executive Chef.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of event & group requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by the Director of Sales & Marketing. Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 8 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Apply sales techniques to ensure the business, realize and take up sales possibilities. Ensure the ideal and most effective utilization of the function rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realize upsell possibilities to meet and surpass Group & Event budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Creation of activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the enquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Event Manager (or to the Group & Event Coordinator).
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Groups & Events Manager / Groups & Events Coordinator to the client.
- Carry out Exit Interviews with the customer after their event – asking for future business.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximizes its revenue.
- Proper maintenance of LOS/CAN and UNC business.
- Further administrative tasks and other possible assigned duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the hotel industry and in the Groups & Events Sales area.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Arabic and English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Be proactive in achieving Groups & Events revenue goals
- Relevant experience in Groups & Events management
- Hotel Operations experience a plus
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering.
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Ability to analyse financial statements and market data
- Detail orientated and hands on
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective ability to supervise, motivate and develop their team
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski Cairo
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Nov 17, 2020
Unposting Date: Dec 17, 2020
Job Number: 200001EJ