Description du poste
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events.
Food & Beverage Manager
To contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our food & beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. To drive the top line of the Food & Beverage Department in Kempinski Hotel XYZ while ensuring sustainable and profitable operations.
The job of Food & Beverage Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly established and adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to the department’s full potential and budgets are adhered to.
- All costs are in line with sales without compromising quality, i.e. minimum 85% LQA scores
- The department is driven in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and shared with other hotels via corporate office.
- Internal talents are grown to ensure a smooth transition in case of promotions and transfers.
- At least one member of the team has a restaurateur background and experience outside of the 5* hotel industry.
- At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of daily activities.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible of the following Talent Development tasks for their department:
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski’s DNA values.
- Support career development by training, cross exposure, task force assignments and transfers.
- Grow talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls.
- Take the time to meet all new Food & Beverage employees.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s minimum for middle management, providing feedback on their job performance.
- Ensure that a succesion plan is in place to guarantee a seamless, efficient handover for all management positions.
- *A Hotel Talent is an employee, who has the ability to do the current job in their hotel and can be promoted to the next level. Mobility is what makes this person a Kempinski Talent.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Prepare/consolidate the yearly budget for the department in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- Prepare the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, hold the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef.
- Conduct daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Take the necessary disciplinary actions, when needed, in accordance with local legislations.
- Ensure all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Source the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Handle guest complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
- Prepare a yearly marketing plan fot the department in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis and a revision of global trends.
- Conduct the competitor analysis through on-site inspections to assess the local food & beverage offering including both hotel outlets and stand-alone restaurants.
- Analyse the global trends by reviewing print and web based media and attend local/regional trade shows and gastranomic events.
- Maintain an active relationship with the hotel’s PR Manager in regards to hotel’s Food & Beverage outlets and events.
- Ensure that all Outlet Managers are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their product and service meet the demands.
- Coordinate with the Chef to ensure that employees are educated and aware of seasonal and new products on the market
- Develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with the trainers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that each Outlet Manager plans and implements effective outlet specific training programmes.
- Assume Executive duties as assigned by the General Manager in accordance with the hotel’s duty manager roster.
- Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Act as the main point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
- Ensure that all outlet concepts are followed and that alterations or reviews of concepts are brought to the attention of the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
- Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events.
- Provide support for the Corporate Food & Beverage Team as requested in accordance with the hotel-corporate agreement.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years in F&B management role, preferably with a 5* hotel chain and ideally experience in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation.
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills.
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Food & Beverage:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Nov 17, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001IL