Description du poste
Kempinski Hotel Huizhou is located in the Central Business District, across from the Huizhou Exhibition and Convention Center. Huizhou is a combination of natural beauty and cultural attractions and offers a multitude of recreational opportunities, from exploring the beautiful Huizhou West Lake, climbing the famous Luofu Mountain to discovering the Turtle Nature Reserve.
Responsible for maximizing overall revenue through development and implementation of effective inventory and pricing strategies based on demand and competitor analysis in order to gain market share.
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing and mix management using competitive reports.
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of pricing decisions on property performance.
- Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
- Provide guidance on corporate transient, group & wholesale pricing.
- Ensure effective pricing strategies to reflect asset strength relative to the competition.
- Ensure compliance to the Best Rate Guarantee.
- Effectively manage and be in control of all inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites and the GDS.
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Kempinski Revenue Management Standards.
- Maintain accuracy and timely entry of all relevant data in systems.
- Review and analyze data on an ongoing basis.
- Pro-actively identify need periods and prepare a need period plan, in cooperation with hotel Sales & Marketing, & Corporate/Regional resources.
- Ensure all distribution channels are returning appropriate availability and pricing for the following 365 days.
- Ensure that the department number 2 is fully able to complete the forecast, run a Revenue meeting, manage all daily tasks, and can manage all aspects of reservations (cut off dates, rooming lists, guest complaints).
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new Revenue Management tools, including IDEAS, EZ Yield, Opera, and any new/similar tools or reports developed in 2010 and onwards.
- Compliance to Kempinski standards for Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segments, Profiles and all other PMS related Revenue Management functionalities.
- Clearly communicate to hotel team the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenue and improve performance.
- Ensure hotel team members understand the concept of Revenue Management and their role.
- Educate the Sales team on the effective use of IDEAS and Opera to improve profitability of group bookings (when applicable).
- Share best practices and key learnings with peers and management.
- Identify and communicate to either Regional or Corporate Revenue Management team in addition to appropriate technical support: Bugs/enhancements affecting Revenue Management from all RM tools, including PMS, IDeaS, Channel Reports, and branded websites.
- Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Management meeting and contribute to the Daily Operations Meeting.
- Provide Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates.
- Hold a strong leadership role in the Monthly Forecasting Meetings.
- Produce accurate forecast on weekly and monthly basis (+/-5%).
- Produce all relevant components pertaining to Revenue Management Budget.
- Recruit, train and mentor the Reservations Manager (when applicable) and/or a strong second with a view to contingency.
- Assist in developing a career path for direct reports.
- Attend all WebEx sessions organized by Corporate. (Unless valid business reasons)
- Acknowledge receipt of any email request within a maximum of 48hours.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
Minimum of high school, Baccalaureate (Abitur), A-level exam and a
Professional Certification (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School
To fill the position, the following is required:
Opera central systems knowledge
Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative
A minimum of 2 years experience in Revenue Management, including electronic distribution
A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property or several properties
Experience with Revenue Management reports and market performance reports
Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
English – excellent oral and written skills
Additional language - beneficial
Competencies needed to fill the position:
Hotel Operations experience a plus
Detail orientated and hands on
Solid management skills
Effective ability to supervise, motivate, train and develop employees
Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
Ability to train people and convey complex systems functionalities to a broad audience
Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, enthusiasm and be a motivator
Ability to investigate systems malfunctions or user-input errors
Ability to analyse data, make meaningful conclusions and base sound decisions and strategies on these
Knowledge of industry-specific terminology such as ADR, RevPAR, on-the-books, etc.
Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment. Be proactive and able to “think outside of the box”
Ability to work under pressure
Computer literacy adapted to the field of Revenue Management:
Good keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include MSWord, MSExcel and MSPowerpoint.
PMS, Opera, IDeaS and EZYield or RateTiger
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core
values, in addition they should be especially:
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Huizhou China
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Nov 12, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001K2