Description du poste
Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
The job of Training Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- All employees receive both Kempinski and locally required training.
- The hotel implements the 70-20-10 training strategy and ensures that the hotel achieves the company key performance indicators for training engagement
- Achieve Kempinski training engagement rate.
- The training calendar and the business plan reflect Kempinski training guidelines and the internal training needs analysis.
- Ensure that all Regional and Corporate reporting responsibilities are fulfilled in line with the corporate reporting guidelines
- The hotel utilises all Kempinski Training tools including F! & E! Training programmes, Leadership Development Programme and all On-Line learning opportunities.
- Every department has Departmental Trainer(s), departmental policies and procedures and have fully implemented the Kempinski on-job training tools such as Training BITES
- Kempinski Experience Assessment meets or exceeds the company benchmark.
- Enhance Employee Engagement rate, which is reflected annually in the Kempinski Employee Engagement Survey.
- Enhance hotel Guest Satisfaction Survey results.
- Employee relationship and recognition programme(s) are in place.
- Annual Training Manager’s Academy is attended.
- Kempinski training policies and procedures are fully implemented and complied with.
- Ensure that every new employee is correctly on-boarded and has received a comprehensive brand emersion using the designated on-boarding training packages
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities. The Training Manager fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotel as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- They personally conduct performance appraisal with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to current and future department, hotel and Kempinski’s needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department.
*A Hotel Talent is an employee, who has the ability to do the current job in their hotel and can be promoted to the next level. Mobility is what makes this person a Kempinski Talent.
- Establish a training network according to Kempinski standard, including spending time in operations to foster this network.
- Analyse training needs and training effectiveness.
- Ensure that every department having corporately developed Training BITES have fully implemented these, and ensured they reflect all hotel specific policies and procedures
- Further develop the Training BITE Library by assisting individual Departmental Trainers in the writing and implementing hotel specific training BITES
- Embed all Kempinski training programs and training tools and comprehensively track their implementation to easily evaluate attendance of required participants.
- Plan, design and deliver training programmes.
- Devise a training marketing strategy, which is evident both at the back of house and reflected in campaigns or initiatives to address training topics/themes accordingly.
- Analyse the data on the e-learning platforms and utilize or market it to Management and Department Trainers to enhance learning performance.
- Coach and train managers and Departmental Trainers to improve departmental performance.
- Works with the General Manager to coordinate relevant learning for EXCOM and HODs as per their Individual Development Program.
- Organise and supervise Kempinski DNA and brand immersion activities.
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of the training services offered.
- Work together with department heads and analyse operational quality performance using the Kempinski Experience Assessment Tool (KEA) and ReviewPro; then based on the results provide remedial training solution.
- Train and develop Training team members.
- Complete Kempinski Experience Assessment (KEA) Checks as specified by the hotel management
- Identify potential training talent and propose & foster Master Trainer candidates.
- Ensure that the Kempinski Training Monthly report is correctly completed on a monthly basis and the results updated in the Regional Training Consolidation Report
- In absence of a Training Coordinator, ensure that the responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski’s core values.
- Prepare the yearly Business Plan and Budget for the Training Department in line with all company Brand Standards together with the Heads of Department and ExCom team.
- Ensure that an objective Self Audit (using the Kempinski Training Peer & Self Audit Tool) is completed at least once per year
- Promote and implement Kempinski Corporate Training policies and procedures.
- Establish and foster relationships and partnerships with external suppliers, training providers, and legal and safety entities.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and to the hotel’s policies on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
To fill the position, one of the following is required:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the hospitality industry including at least one managerial position
- One (1) year in a similar position within a luxury brand
- Two (2) years in an Assistant Training Manager position within a luxury brand
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (where applicable)
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language - beneficial
- Planning and organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills & Presentation skills
- Budgeting experience
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Ability to design training programmes/instructional design
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Lead by example
- Quality oriented
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 07, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001AB