Description du poste
Regional Category Assistant Manager/ Manager
Sephora, a division of LVMH - Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton global luxury leader, is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than three thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world.
Sephora South East Asia is a high growth division of leading global beauty retailer, Sephora. Our teams run omnichannel retail businesses in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong; Franchise operations in India & Indonesia; and ecommerce-only business (the first in the world globally for Sephora!) in the Philippines. We have recently opened new markets in Hong Kong and New Zealand as well!
Our success is built on innovation, a unique product portfolio, market-leading digital capabilities, and our exceptional people! With ambitious growth plans, we are always looking for talented people who are passionate about building businesses and developing themselves and our customers' experience.
At Sehora, we stand together, and we stand for something more. Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Data plays a big role in that.
Our merchandising team is constantly building brands, starting trends, and developing assortment across product categories. These experts roll up their sleeves and advise our brands on the best way to bring our clients what they crave—and what they will be craving soon. Our product pipeline is so robust and exciting that many of the items that will be most in-demand in our stores next year don’t even exist yet. And our merchants don’t stop at selection—they bring the assortment to life through breakthrough curation and storytelling across our stores and digital properties.
You will be working alongside Regional & Country Category & Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Training, Finance, Legal, Onsite teams internally and Brand Partners externally. This role will be reporting to the Regional Category Manager/ Regional Senior Category Manager
You will shine here if you enjoy…
SEA Category Performance Tracking & Reporting
1. Own brand portfolio, track omni-channel category performance (by channel, markets, segments, margin, productivity, brand conversion & stocks management) vs set KPIs
2. Execution & implementation of programs per the category strategies as defined in budget and Strat planning under the guidance of the category lead
3. Monitoring & identification of new trends, new brands, merchandising programs and ad-hoc strategies to optimize category growth and performance
4. Tracking of sales and category reports of assigned brand within team (including brand insights by segments)
Brand management: Market Specific Brands – Brands managed locally
1. Trading terms negotiation and review
- Maintain strong relationship with brands and negotiate trading terms
- Coordination and maintenance of brand agreement sign off & subsequent renewals
- Preparing necessary submission for new brands listing – vendor creation form
- Develop the annual brand plan including product launch calendar and sales targets
- Ensure a relevant (productive) assortment for each brand in accordance to the set linear productivity measure for the category
2. Brand/Product Launch plans
- Working closely with brands and internal stakeholders on planning, coordination & execution of launch plan for assigned brands – Annual launch plan, new listing process: sell-In, vendor form, sales forecast, first pipe order, brand deck, onsite management (product page, category page); skus publishing ; brand specific gwp activation etc
- Coordinate and approve timely new sell-in process: data validation & submission
- Maintaining and optimizing product assortment of assigned brands
3. Animation Planning
- Plan and secure key animation slots for brands
- Recommend brands and product assortment in animation thematics: product assortment, target and stocks ordering
- Plan for instore mechanics/promotions or activities to drive sales
4. Launching & delisting of brands
- Monitoring and measuring assigned brands performance against category sales and profitability benchmark
- Conduct half-yearly rationalization of brands and assortment
- Coordination & execution of launch plan for assigned new brands – Launch Plan, new listing process: sell-In, vendor form, sales forecast, first pipe order, brand deck
- Liaise & co-operate with all departments and markets to ensure strong launch plans & execution
5. Planogram management
- Ensure a relevant, optimal assortment by brand according to allocated space
- Work with brands to develop logical planograms
6. Stock Management
- Work with supply chain to meet the company’s stockholding KPI
- Review SOH with supply chain and propose action plans for SKUs with high stock holding and discontinued SKUs
- Review and publish sleeping stocks
- Coordinate with Supply Chain to ensure deliveries meet launch dates and campaigns
7. Develop Talent
- Mentor and train Merchandising Executive and Interns
We would love to hear from you if you have…
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence
- Strong analytical skills and Results Oriented
- High level of initiative, able to work independ
- Ability to work and lead cross functionally to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ablility to work in a fast-paced environment, and are independent
- Min. 3 to 5 years Account/Brand Management experience, ideally from the beauty/fashion industry
- Keen interest in the beauty industry with a flair for trends and style
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/Marketing
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people: You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning: We invest heavily in training for our leaders and store associates. Not just product knowledge but building a personalized career plan with you so you continue to evolve and build your skills.
- The culture: As a leading beauty retailer, backed by the LVMH luxury brand, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. Yet there’s always room to explore. It’s in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty. You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
When joining Sephora, you join the fastest growing and most innovative omnichannel retailer in South East Asia. As part of LVMH, (www.lvmh.com/group), we provide an unparalleled combination of resources, scale, and autonomy to our employees.
Sephora SEA was created through the combination of the Sephora's retail business in South East Asia and Luxola, a Singaporean start-up that broke new frontiers in ecommerce regionally. We proudly maintain an entrepreneurial and technology-focused culture, with all our capabilities built in-house – a rarity in this region.
The data is definitive: diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek to hire employees of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences. We provide our employees with a unique opportunity to take on senior responsibilities, accelerate their career path, and impact the business of beauty across the world.