Description du poste
- The Senior Chef de Partie’s mission is to take full responsibility for the food quality & presentation of the restaurant’s dishes and on demand to assist other areas of the culinary operation.
- Supervise his kitchen section and cooperate with the other sections within the kitchen.
- Responsible to comply at all times with the standard quality requirements, stock management and techniques.
- The Senior Chef de Partie should monitor and control the food quality, setup/ presentation and timely delivery of the dishes.
- Ensure plating guides are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Ensure that all plating guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image.
- Ensure that the dishes are prepared in the most authentic way as standards set and agreed by the Chef de Cuisine.
- The Senior Chef de Partie has to ensure that agreed quality, hygiene and other standards are kept or surpassed at all times by himself and his subordinates.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the Food and Beverage division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Responsible for the ordering and requesting of the ingredients on a daily basis.
- Oversee and follow through the food safety standards set by Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Safe & Sound and through t he UAE Municipality rules and regulation.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the rooms as well as for special dietary requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Communicate Rules & Regulations to all colleagues by using the Colleague Handbook and any other appropriate documents.
- Facilitation and attending of daily shift briefings and attending monthly communication meetings within culinary outlet.
- Effectively control cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchens and stewarding area at all times and support daily checks done by their supervisors.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine to conduct regular hands on dish training to ensure food knowledge and cooking methods are always up to date.
- Share the specific knowledge and recipes of dishes with all related colleagues.
- Give constructive feedback to the Chef de Cuisine/Jr. Chef de Cuisine during annual appraisals for Demi Chef de Partie and Cook I & II.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine to ensure the food safety related administration are compliance with the standard and being followed accordingly.
- Ensure support is given to the Commissary and Butcher for the daily market list and inventory control.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine audit related requirements for the culinary department.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine in other administrative matters for the outlet.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Chef de Cuisine.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Culinary arts is preferred.
- Experience as Senior Chef de Partie in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a 5-star hotel or free-standing restaurant environment
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
- Hotel pre-opening or renovation experience is preferred.
- Solid Knowledge in preparing, cooking, presenting dishes.
- Excellent knowledge of using various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Proven ability to successfully support, motivate and lead a large and diverse team.
- Able to use documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes with guidance of the Chef de Cuisine.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills.
- Able to support the Chef de Cuisine to constantly update all training materials and keep good track of all training activities.
- Temps plein
- Dubai, Émirats arabes unis
- Restauration cuisine
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat
Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
With a pristine oceanfront setting, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai is a stylish urban resort overlooking the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf and Dubai’s glittering skyline, which is dominated by Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. The hotel's beachfront location and open air facilities are designed to bring a new level of relaxed luxury to the city.