Description du poste
We are currently looking for an Assistant Back of House Manager to join our Back of House Department team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.
Assistant Back of House Manager
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and re-imagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
We are looking for an Assistant Back of House Manager, an integral position in the hotel, helping to keep the the smooth flowing of the back of house department, at the heart of the guest experience.
The Assistant Back of House Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- To work closely with the Back of House Manager and liase with technical services in order to ensure that all work orders are addressed and achieved in accordance with required standards
- To ensure that all areas of responsibility are maintained in a safe and hygienic condition and that all equipment, floors and walls are clean to the required standard
- To assist with the preparation of the weekly rota for staff
- To be responsible for the correct operation and cleaning of all machinery, particularly dishwashers
- To check that the Stewards are on duty at the allocated time against the rota and that they finish at the required time.
- To ensure that all cleaning schedules for all areas of responsibility are carried out to the required standards
- To comply with company policy regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene, ensuring that the Stewards understand and comply
We offer our Assistant Back of House Manager world class benefits but not limited to:
- Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
Working at Mandarin Oriental isn’t just a job; it provides an opportunity to build a career for life with the potential to travel the world within our unique organization. Our people aim high and we support them all the way by providing career advancement and Learning and Development programmes designed to enable our colleagues to be the best. We do this by developing our Colleagues and encouraging them to take on new challenges, thus allowing us to identify their potential and help them expand their careers as the groups expansion plans take effect over the next few years with many new hotel openings on the horizon.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.