Description du poste
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Assisting the Executive Pastry Chef to oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the Main Bakery Production Kitchen (including Banquet, In-Room Dining, Mosaic, Mandarin Cake Shop and Gelato) as appropriate and be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in all areas depending on business volumes and other related parameters
- Create and maintain a great synergy between Outlets and Bakery kitchen as well as with any related outlets kitchen to assure maximum efficiency
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the Banquet and all restaurants in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands
- Work closely with Café Shop & Gelato Manager in the presentation of the bakery items in the outlet and the packaging of related items
- Assisting the Executive Pastry Chef to review menus in regard to popularity of dishes, food cost and seasonality with the respective Restaurant Manager and suggest new menu proposals to the Executive Chef
- Ensure that all bakery items are prepared in the most authentic way as standards set by the Executive Pastry Chef
- Regularly inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes
- To support the Outlet’s Chef to identify areas for improvement in pastries and bakeries quality by reviewing various quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly
- Ensure that all bakery displays are food safe, creative, clean and with attention to detail as per set standards by the Executive Pastry Chef
- High School qualification or equivalent
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Culinary arts
- Experience as Chief Baker in a high volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel or free standing restaurant environment
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East
- Strong knowledge of gastronomy; preparing, cooking and presenting dishes
- Excellent knowledge of using various relevant cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!
Advertised: 05 Nov 2020 Arab Standard Time