Description du poste
As an integral member of the Financial Reporting team, the Director – Financial Reporting & Analysis – Balance Sheet/Cash Flow will have responsibility for a wide range of financial reporting activities for Marriott’s operating segments. The Director will be responsible for leading efforts to improve the accuracy and efficiency of inbound reported balance sheet amounts and working to improve balance sheet processes across the enterprise. In addition, this position will directly supervise professional staff through the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow processes and be instrumental in guiding their professional development.
- Ensure that all financial reports are completed accurately, on a timely basis, and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Direct balance sheet reporting efforts for the assigned operating segments. Review and analyze detailed balance sheets and ensure that activity is accurately reported and that major variances and changes are explained.
- Develop actionable analytical tools to identify balance sheet risks and opportunities for senior management.
- Lead efforts to review, prepare, and analyze cash flows on a quarterly basis for assigned operating segments. Ensure that activity is accurately reported, and that major variances and changes are explained.
- Coordinate and review forecast inputs from Continent offices and other Global Finance departments. Manage the preparation of quarterly cash flow forecasts for assigned operating segments.
- Coordinate and lead efforts to develop a comprehensive, efficient, end-to-end reporting process for segment cash flow forecasts. Coordinate and leverage process improvements with other FR&A segment directors.
- Coordinate the annual business planning process for assigned operating segment cash flows across Finance departments. Review and consolidate the annual cash flow budget. Develop effective financial reports and presentations for Senior Lodging and Corporate executives.
- Direct efforts to comply with the requirements of the annual audit for assigned operating segments. Act as the primary contact for the company’s annual audit by ensuring that audit schedules are prepared, responding to auditor questions, and resolving issues. .
- Manage, motivate, develop, and train associates.
- Identify opportunities to leverage and optimize features in various financial applications/systems to enhance the reporting of financial results. Review recommendations with senior management and direct implementation efforts of new reporting concepts. .
- Direct the development and implementation of financial reporting process improvement efforts across segments in conjunction with various groups within the finance organization. Identify common problem areas and implement solutions across segments. .
- Review reimbursed payroll accruals from Continent offices for completeness and accuracy during quarter close.
- Help streamline and rationalize balance sheet and cash flow chartfield usage and improve balance sheet and cash flow reporting processes. .
- Provide Continent offices and AHS with guidance or assistance on accounting and reporting issues encountered during month and quarter close.
- Manage the financial reporting relationship with the broader finance organization as it relates to the accounting and reporting of segment operations on Marriott’s external balance sheet and statement of cash flows. Ensure processes comply with required control requirements and that balances are accurately reported on a quarterly basis. Provide accounting guidance around:
- Recording of balances between Marriott and Owners’ balance sheets
- Recording of activity at each quarter-end to ensure activity is recorded in the correct reporting month
- (proper cut-off procedures)
- Improvements to account reconciliations and reporting of exceptions for MIP-66
- Recording business transactions to the balance sheet
- Review the Continent certifications for MIP-66, and work with each Continent to clarify and finalize the
- exceptions to be consolidated. Partner with the Consolidated Balance Sheet team to issue Disclosure Committee report to senior management.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Consolidated Balance Sheet and the FR&A P&L reporting teams on structural reporting changes impacting Marriott’s consolidated financial statements.
- Assist, as needed, with the integration of acquired businesses into Marriott reporting systems. Work with project teams and Continent offices to ensure continent balance sheets are properly aligned for external reporting and MIP-66 certification.
- Complete special reporting and ad hoc analytical projects as assigned.
- 10 or more years of progressive job experience in accounting.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to work and lead effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Experience in Marriott Lodging or other MI business a plus.
- History of consistently delivering business results.
Education or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Access a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Marriott’s PeopleSoft Financial applications and Hyperion Reporting solutions.
- Strong management skills. Ability to motivate others to perform at peak levels.
- Strong organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Strong communications skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and delivering presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work
effectively with peers, subordinates, and all levels of management.
- Temps plein
- Bethesda, MD, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat