Description du poste
The Director, Analytics + Reporting Services – Digital & Distribution plays an instrumental role in the development and execution of analysis requests to help drive business and customer value for Marriott. The Director will partner closely with the VP Data Science Partner – Digital + Distribution, the Director, Data Science Partner – Digital and Director, Data Science Partner, Distribution, to evaluate new requests from discipline stakeholder groups and then serve as a key person in the delivery of high quality, credible analyses. The Director operates with considerable independence, developing strategies to deliver information and knowledge for action, while managing multiple competing priorities and stakeholders. The Director will also play a key management role on the team providing guidance and support to more junior resources on the team. This position is part of the broader CX Analytics team, which is charged with developing and utilizing state-of-the-art analytic approaches to generate business intelligence about customer attitudes and behaviors across all customer-facing touch points along the B2C and B2B customer journeys.
- 6-10years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in analytically driven organizations
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferably in a quantitative discipline (statistics, engineering, operations research, mathematics, etc.) required.
- MBA or advanced degree in professional studies, operations research, applied mathematics, finance, economics, etc., preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical ability with strong knowledge of data modeling and statistical analysis techniques, and ability to synthesize and analyze large volumes of complex information from multiple sources is required.
- Ability to mine large data sets and synthesize insights and consolidate into stellar visualizations.
- Able to be hands on with the work while also able to guide others
- Demonstrated success with data exploration skills, and mining billions of records
- Tools knowledge you need:
- SQL, R, Python
- Hive, Spark
- Tableau, R Shiny, D3
- Git, Jira
Management Skills and Discipline Expertise
- Ability to mentor and develop a team of analytics professionals to produce actionable insights that drive business results and customer value
- Passion for data driven decision making and demonstrated ability to solve complex ambiguous problems through meaningful analyses
- Experience presenting analysis and recommendations to senior level executives, with a demonstrated track record of generating insight through analysis and presenting the information in a manner which impacts key strategy or investment decisions
- Ability to work as both a team member and team leader to achieve results in a teamwork environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands from multiple stakeholders
Lead the team to deliver strategic analysis and reporting to drive business & customer value
- Identify, align on, and analyze meaningful KPIs to drive performance
- Ensure all team outputs are high quality and credible for stakeholder consumption
- Deliver insight and provide guidance on strategy based on historical performance
- Define benchmarks to provide stakeholders with the ability to monitor program performance in an actionable way
- Design and coordinate the maintenance of scorecards that measure both program and campaign-level effectiveness
- Synthesize insights and consolidate into a concise and persuasive story in partnership with the Data Science Partner
- Bring a strong technical background/expertise to ensure team outputs are both rigorous and robust yet have the ability to pull back and know how to deliver according to an 80/20 assessment.
Collaborate across the CX Analytics & Data Teams and Business Discipline Teams
- Establish strong working relationships with business discipline stakeholders as well peers with the Customer Experience organization.
- Perform complex analytics projects across broad set of stakeholders, clearly aligning on business and data needs, managing expectations, and delivering results in a timely manner.
- Provide business-minded analytics and modeling support, both working well with data and demonstrating strong business acumen
- Demonstrate flexibility for the continuously changing needs and priorities of the business
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Ensures the right jobs are in place to do the work.
- Looks for ways to better organize work and assign tasks.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to do the job.
- Models and coaches team on scope of decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
- Reinforces an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Models expectations for desired/required acceptable behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Develops direct reports by identifying needs and partnering on developmental plans.
- Supports recruitment efforts and builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Models and coaches others on making effective hiring decisions using available tools and processes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
Driving for Results
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
Planning and Organizing
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.
- Temps plein
- Bethesda, MD, États-Unis
- Ventes et marketing
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat