Description du poste
Reporting to the Director, Loyalty Accounting & Reporting, the Senior Manager will contribute to the management and execution of financial and accounting support to the Loyalty Programs (Marriott Rewards, SPG, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Global Gift Cards and Co-Brands) ensuring the Program’s ongoing financial health and stability and enabling the achievement of the Programs’ financial goals and objectives. He / She will partner with the FBP-BMSC leadership team, Loyalty business leaders, iT Marketing Systems, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Tax, Legal, and Accounting Policy Group in the execution of financial and operational business strategies and plans to support the ongoing fiscal needs and responsibilities of the Loyalty Programs.
The Senior Manager will serve as a subject matter expert on financial/accounting matters related to the Loyalty Programs. He/she will support the accurate calculation, recording and reporting of the Loyalty Program revenues and expenses in accordance with GAAP. Specifically, the Senior Manager will: manage and support the monthly close and forecast of the Loyalty financial statements, including ownership of the Loyalty Revenue Recognition model and financial statement generation and analysis, annual Long Range Plan GAAP forecast, cashflow statements, and multiple audits include SOX compliance and MI corporate audit.
The Senior Manager will support departmental objectives. He/She will assist execution of enhancement of systems and processes that support key objectives to achieve the goals of these programs for Marriott and add value. He/She will therefore be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying opportunities, anticipating challenges, and executing strategies to deliver against this objective.
- Manage the Revenue Recognition model and monthly close process to calculate Loyalty Revenue and Expense for company financial statements, record Loyalty revenue to the ledger, provide variance analysis and reporting to Financial Reporting team. Partner with Accounting Policy Group and external auditors to evaluate US GAAP requirements (and changes) for reimbursed revenue reporting for Loyalty programs, update current processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage the monthly cash flow statement, monthly GAAP forecast and long range process GAAP forecast including the calculation and analysis of the financial forecast for the Loyalty programs.
- Manage and lead efforts to support the MR and SPG standalone audits, MI corporate audit and quarterly Sarbox compliance, including: partner with EY to support the Sarbox audit process, facilitate the gathering of the data for the audit, work with the auditors to ensure all questions and issues are answered.
- Support the integrity and accuracy of data and reports produced, through the systemic monitoring of key performance measures and the auditing of key reports on a sampling basis. Identify unusual financial and process performance trends, and investigate and resolve any problems and/or inconsistencies as appropriate.
- Manage the annual process by partnering with outside actuary to update the Loyalty redemption rates and impacts to the Revenue Recognition model and MI financial statements.
- Manage and support tax reporting for legacy MR and SPG program liabilities, specifically the wind-down of the SPG liability and the reconciliation of tax balance to book deferred revenues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on accounting matters related to the Loyalty Programs. He / She will have a strong working knowledge of the program structure and will be able to identify the accounting implications and impact to Marriott financial statements as a result of program changes and trends.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as required by FBP-BMSC leadership, or other key stakeholders in response to requests to evaluate accounting changes, proposed program enhancements, tax matters or other areas of concern.
- Maintain effective internal control processes for the reporting of the Loyalty Programs on MI Financial Statements and proactively identify and address financial statement risks.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for and/or provide information to and advise, as appropriate, the FPB-BMSC team, Global Marketing department and other Global Finance groups on the business environment and key operating issues within the discipline.
- Prepare and/or present financial updates as required for Marriott financial reporting and planning processes.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with program team and other key stakeholders to understand the business, ensure timely exchange of actionable financial information and customer satisfaction.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness and associate engagement.
- Develop & lead a high performing team of finance professionals who can effectively partner with business leaders, at various organizational levels, on financial issues. Direct this team to become to become a proactive and innovative group who will optimize sustainable business results by providing actionable information and analysis, driving holistic financial and business strategies, while evaluating and managing risks.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Acceleration (LPA) and holds staff accountable for successful performance; coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance; conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports; and ensures the same occurs at lower levels of his/her organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Minimum 7 years accounting/finance experience, with strong technical accounting knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to work and lead effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Strong systems skills. PeopleSoft and SQL (or like database) experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred; experience in Marriott business, processes and systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, policies and controls.
- History of consistently delivering business results.
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Expertise in GAAP, as well as knowledge of Marriott specific accounting and finance processes and reporting systems.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner; uses data and a cogent problem-solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Able to consistently make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure. Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Strong communication skills; creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly through the organization.
- Influencer of people – ability to help demonstrate organizational vision and motivate others to achieve desired results.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Able to work in a matrix organization and make things happen without having to own all the resources; leverages shared resources to achieve results.
- Strong service orientation; collaborative team player.
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues; strong mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to dealing with conflict; guides others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals.
- Active learner -- able to enhance personal, professional and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries’ standards and practices.
- Temps plein
- Bethesda, MD, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat