Description du poste
Position may be located in New York or Bethesda, MD
Marriott’s Global Design Strategies team is looking for someone who blends great creative style with smart business sense, and who is excited about joining a team that thrives when/where design and travel converge. We are on a mission to reinvent travel and are looking for designers who can help define spaces that aren’t just the talk of the industry, but also the talk of the town. As a sector design lead managing strategic brand initiatives, this person will help drive this mission forward, only stopping shortly in order to catch their breath, and then in the true legacy of our company where success is never final, keep going.
This strategic designer will ensure the vision, quality, operational excellence, and the voice are right for each of these distinctive brands. They are brand savvy and design astute, and able to integrate the two without breaking a sweat. As someone who is responsible for the design process and oversees and develops design strategies and concepts, this candidate focuses on efficiency and effectiveness without compromising the big idea. And while this person lives and breathes design they are diligent about running projects efficiently and effectively, knowing how to resource and manage a team.
Want to help new brands flourish? Reposition some of the industry’s most powerful brands? Rated by Forbes Magazine as one of the world’s most innovative companies, Marriott’s award-winning Global Design division is where ideas, insights and design converge. Help us define the future of travel! Build your career, feed your creativity and take the opportunity to leave your mark as part of the Global Design Strategies team.
- Be directly responsible for interpreting the brand vision for Marriott’s luxury brands into design vision.
- Be directly responsible for creating a seamless design with the Global Operations sector lead to deliver the perfect aesthetic and functional space for exceptional operations delivery.
- Bring innovation to the forefront of everyday design by being connected to new hotel competition, new design trends, and new materials on a global basis.
- Deliver the perfect blend of boardroom zeal and polish with senior executives, and the grit and the willingness to get hands dirty to get things done
- Lead initiatives with a creative and a business mindset, and partner with other departments to help to blaze new design trails appropriate to the multitude of Marriott brands
- Lead people and resources together to generate ideas, get things done, and push beyond expectations
- Be a resource to all continent project teams to establish an environment of success for early adopter projects in every corner of the earth.
- Provide perspectives that are pertinent. Explore and define opportunities, communicate vision, and deliver relevant documentation for individual brands
- Use passion and commitment to sell and influence external partners and further Marriott’s mission to be the world’s favorite travel company
- Navigate projects through the initiative process and decision-making, ensuring meaningful results
- Prototype at different fidelities to demonstrate ideas and get necessary feedback
- Use mastery of human centered design and methodologies to create a team atmosphere of curiosity, unique points of view and partnerships
- Wear many hats – as a designer, a team leader, a negotiator, and as the face and voice of Global Design
- Lead, manage, and guide a team to engage their passion, drive performance, and ensure that they have the necessary information to complete their responsibilities
- Use your perfectly perfected people skills to lead professional performance and provide input for improvement and further their career development
- Select, negotiate, and contract with project consultants; direct and supervise their work
- Lead the development of business processes and evolve processes for continued relevance
- Use diverse experience to deliver meaningful end results that are on time and on budget
- Exceptional presentation skills to present design strategy and solutions to CEO, senior executives, owner audiences of hundreds of people, etc.
- Exceptional design skills married with leadership, and a strong business acumen that enables complex problem solving and creative solutions.
- Self-starter who thinks outside the box and drives initiatives, but isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Experience and ability to lead complex initiatives and to serve as the face of Global Design with executives
- Ability to put ego aside, share the limelight, and seek out other creatives to get the best results
- Effectively navigate complex organizations and build consensus on large initiatives
- Ability and interest to go both deep and wide in a variety of subject matters
- An empathetic nature used to gain insights and translate into thoughtful experiences for our guests
- Agility to see the big picture, connect the dots, and translate into new, meaningful results
- Thinks independently and fluidly and can speak to their ideas with passion and persuasion but also can manage their time with utter efficiency
- Both a doer and a thinker and can be both simultaneously
- Comfortable with ambiguity and decision making
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Don’t believe in the status quo, explores new innovations, has a can do/get it done attitude and a gritty resourcefulness
- Knowledge about innovation and trends both in and outside of industry with ability to connect the dots to influence innovative outcomes
- Situational awareness with flexibility to adapt to the right mode – either behind the scenes or out in front
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and comfortable with non-hierarchical organization
- Good leadership ability with strategic/enterprise view and a get it done attitude
- A master collaborator who can build relationships across teams and negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to manage multiple priorities & resources
- Ability to take a project from design through detailed design documentation, start to finish
- Mastery of digital tools like SketchUp, AutoCAD, InDesign, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Project
- 4-year degree, preferably from an accredited design program required
- Minimum 15 years’ of professional experience, with a minimum of 8 years in the design field
- Masters degree preferred
- Temps plein
- Bethesda, MD, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat