Description du poste
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
• Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
•Adaptability- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
•Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
•Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
•Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
•Building and Contributing to Teams- Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
•Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
•Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
•Coworker Relationships- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
•Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
•Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
•Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
•Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
•Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
•Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
•Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
oEvent Planning- The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
oEvent Services- Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
•Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
oBasic Computer Skills- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
oMathematical Reasoning- Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
oOral Comprehension- Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
oReading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
oWriting - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Temps plein
- Irvine, CA, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat