Description du poste
In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shop Manager, the Beauty Specialist uses different selling techniques to promote to our guests the beauty products available in MSC Cruises boutiques, including performing makeovers, in order to achieve highest revenue possible.
• Promotes a variety of skincare, makeup and fragrance products;
• Performs full makeovers while encouraging guests to try products and techniques used in the demonstration;
• Informs customers of special offers, new products and promotions;
• Handles customer complaints and queries;
• Ensures items are correctly priced and keeps the boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with MSC Cruises guidelines
• Processes payments;
• Regularly checks that products are within their sell-by date and respects the FIFO products life-cycle (for perishable selling goods).
• Fluent in English, oral and written and in at least 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any of other language is considered an advantage;
• High School certificate;
• Professional certification for on-job trainings in makeup or beauty products sales are an advantage;
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Beauty Specialist;
• Previous experience on cruise ship is an advantage;
• Computer literacy;•Sound knowledge of fragrances, makeup and cosmetic products and the industry;
• Sales orientated;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
- Temps plein
- Genève, Suisse
- Spa et bien-être, Autre
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat
MSC Cruises is the only company in the world to receive the "7 Golden Pearls" award from Bureau Veritas, the global certification agency, in recognition of its high level of quality management and environmental responsibility. The Company has also achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 certification for the quality and food safety of all aspects of its catering, both on shore and on board. Furthermore, MSC Cruises believes that global leadership brings increased responsibility towards the physical and human environments in which it operates. As such, a long term partnership with UNICEF was undertaken in 2009 to support UNICEF’s efforts at first to provide education to under privileged children in Brazil and anti-malaria solutions in various African countries. The partnership was renewed in 2014 to tackle malnutrition in developing countries and in emergency situations. Since the beginning of the partnership, over four million euros were raised.