Description du poste
Qatar Airways have embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for a Regional Manager Commercial Operations Africa to provide advice to SVP and VP Sales on formation of short and long term strategies to maximise all commercial opportunities in the region.
Based in our Head office in Doha and supporting the European region, you will gather market intelligence to understand and anticipate impact of competitor performance on performance and the review of Revenue forecast to ensure they are achievable. You will ensure actions are taken by relevant stakeholders to improve the commercial performance of the points of sale and the routes in the African region.
This represents a fantastic opportunity in a fast-paced environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Act as 'route guardian' for the routes covered in region to ensure opportunities are flagged.
- Balanced Scorecard - Ensure resources at market level are aligned to support the required commercial objectives and channel shift objectives.
- Global Sales - facilitate and guide the central streams to identify and assign tasks to relevant market level stakeholders to support the global team’s objectives.
- Digital and marketing - Ensure Digital and marketing teams are delivering activities to meet the central targets and that local distribution strategy is balanced to ensure all channels can grow without placing QR.com at a competitive disadvantage.
- Work with PRM to agree on public tariff benchmark principles of pricing vis-a-vis other competitors across all markets, where there is misalignment work with stakeholders to get agreement.
- Sales Pipeline - ensure all sales teams are actively working on sales pipeline to develop new customer segments and opportunities.
- Work with distribution team to grow proportion of overall traffic in station booked to reduce distribution costs.
- Agree with Global sales on budget requirements for region.
- Close collaboration with Offline Sales Managers on development of offline Point of sale.
- In conjunction with VP develop strategy and assist individual countries to develop annual business plans with relevant KPI's to support overall strategy.
- Attend events to represent the sales region and ensure action points highlighted are taken away and actioned by relevant field or HQ teams.
- Work with VP in budgeting process to ensure that relevant yield and volume targets are allocated for region and by country.
- Work closely Country managers to ensure adoption of technology and systems.
- Work in close cooperation with the VP and frontline sales team to facilitate discussions and negotiation with HQ stakeholder.
- Provide advice to SVP and VP sales on formation of short and long-term strategies to maximize all commercial opportunities in the region through forward booking analysis, identification of trends in booking and OD share by market by sales channel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent within Aviation Management, Travel and Tourism, Business Administration or any other field with substantial quantitate exposure.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant job-related experience.
- Previous experience as Country Manager, Sales Manager, Revenue Management with an airline.
- Experience in a Commercial Management role within Airline Industry.
- In depth Knowledge of Commercial Management within Airline industry.
- Understanding of Revenue Management.
- Expertise in Airline Competitive Benchmarking.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills.