Description du poste
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. Unique with its own distinct personality, each Raffles hotel distinguishes itself with the highest standards of product and service.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Raffles Hainan, located in the “Hawaii of Asia” – Hainan, will enjoy a superior beachfront location while offering guests direct access to the adjacent championship golf course. The resort’s 299 guestrooms and 32 luxurious villas are among the most spacious and all offer commanding sea views. The resort will feature 7 exciting food and beverage concepts, a 1,400 sqm Raffles Spa, a grand ballroom and flexible meeting spaces for special events.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To maintain a high standard of all food preparation, service and hygiene in their respective Kitchens, according to the standards required by the management.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the production of food items to ensure they are in compliance with the prescribed recipes and specifications.
- Determine the required mise-en-place according to menu orders and check the store requisitions prepared by subordinates. Ensure the received products meet the predetermined quality and purchase specifications.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly in their appropriate fridges and storage containers throughout shift.
- Place daily food orders through the Chef’s office
- Ensure that you report to work on time as per culinary department schedules
- Report to culinary management any maintenance defects using the correct and proper
- Adhere to all the standards of food presentation, production, and portioning controls.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of all food items relating to your work area.
- Ensure all fridges and food storage areas are impeccably maintained during service and that all products are properly rotated, dated, and stored at end of your shift.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in and around all culinary work areas .and ensure that all colleagues clean their stations after every service.
Staffing / Human Relations
- Work calmly and efficiently while promoting good working relations in the culinary department.
- Co-operate and enhance relationships with all other hotel departments at all times
- Co-ordinate with main kitchen, pastry and butchery to ensure that there is sufficient supply of high quality mis en place for next shift.
- Attend all Sous chef meetings and pass on information to culinary colleagues
- In charge of making and revising all basic recipes in coordination with the Chef de Cuisine
- Check that all stations are properly set prior to service to ensure a smooth service period (and make the necessary corrections if needed)
- Be present and assist with the preparation of food
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotion
- Able to demonstrate a professional attitude when dealing with all colleagues and train them to consistently adhere to the quality standards of the culinary department at all times.
- Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and to instruct this to all culinary colleagues
- Conduct staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
- Ensure staff adhere to hotel regulations re: fire, safety and emergency procedures
- Minimize wastage and spoilage by monitoring occupancy forecasts
- Report any questionable product concerns to the Chef de Cuisine immediately to maximize product utilization and minimize wastage
- Promoting the restaurant to increase revenue.
- Be aware of the budget and forecast of the restaurant and take action if there is anything wrong.
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Maintain high standards of appearance and good personal hygiene.
- To be aware of and adhere to company policies and statutory requirements with regards to health and safety, sanitation, fire procedures and HACCP.
- Ensure food is handled in a respectful manner and is processed and stored in accordance with HACCP.
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude and take pride in one’s work. This must be reflected in the product produced for our guests to consume.
- Ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
- Report any sickness or absence from work using the correct procedures.
- Follow up on outstanding work orders
- Be willing to undertake additional duties and responsibilities of work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine in recommending new cold dishes e.g. appetizers and salad and arranging for sample tasting.
- To ensure the proper menu knowledge of each Menu, including Sunday Brunch, Promotions, Set Menus and Special events.Contribute to new Menu ideas.
- Check billing at the end of the shift for any discrepancy.
- Be pro active to changes to maximize the restaurant.
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Temps plein
- Sanya, Chine
- Dès que possible
- Contract duration