Description du poste
Front Office Manager (006164)
Job Number: 006164
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent Contract
Salary Interval: Per Year
Category/Department: Front Office / Reception
Rank/level of position: Head of Department
Years of Experience: 1
Application Date: 31/07/2017
POSITION Front Office Duty Manager
LOCATION: The Park Inn By Radisson
DEPARTMENT Front Office & Operations
REPORTS TO Reception Manager & Operations Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To increase customer satisfaction by providing efficient, prompt, trouble free and courteous Front Office service connected with arriving, and in-house guests, in line with the hotel’s guidelines, and The Park Inn by Radisson corporate guidelines and service concepts. Assuming regular Duty Manager‘s role; assisting in ensuring that the objectives of all departments are achieved in terms of budget, quality standards of products & service and operational efficiency.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROVIDE THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF SERVICE TO GUESTS
• Is available to register, process, and greet customers promptly
• Checks the daily arrival list
• Welcomes customers to the hotel
• Responds to customer requests for information about the hotel and its surroundings
• Arranges for special services requested by the customer
• Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift
• Arranges fulfilment of customer services by working with Porters, Housekeeping, Reservations and Room Service
• Allocates rooms and issues appropriate keys
• Follows-up and verifies arrivals by updating registration cards in regards to spelling of guest’s name, address and method of payment
• Changes room rates and guest rooms if approved by Reception Manager
• Handles incoming guest room reservations
• Handles reservations for guests with rental cars, restaurants, etc.
• Is aware, at all times, of current room status and room availability
• Is fully aware of The Park Inn by Radisson service concepts
• Is fully aware of, and knows how to handle, all current and future hotel promotions
• Utilises yield management to maximise room revenue
• Increases hotel revenue by having full product knowledge on menu items available, promoting food and beverage alternatives within the hotel
• Knows the names of key people within The Park Inn by Radisson
• Minimises loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit procedures
• Insures all guests establish credit upon check-in
• Monitors customer accounts to insure adherence to hotel credit limits by completing high balance reports and verifies accuracy of registration information
• Improves timeliness of cash flow by adhering to established credit and inventory control procedures
• Receives proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers
• Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies accounting and Reception Manager
• Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorisation codes
• Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks
• Communicates effectively with guests, colleagues, and supervisors
• Demonstrates teamwork by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed
• Handles difficult situations effectively
• Communicates open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms to the Reception Manager
• Keeps effective key control
• Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, and effectively assists the hotel’s guests
• Issues safety deposit boxes and Mini bar keys to guests upon request
• Uses the ABC approach to respond to negative comments and complaints; and notifies Reception Manager immediately for appropriate follow-up
• As duty manager ensuring the maintenance of excellent guest relations wherever possible and dealing with customer complaints as necessary. To complete the relevant guest comment form and issue to the general manager.
• Checking departments are complying with hotel and esprit standards. Greeting guests on check-in and departure as per brand standards. Complete audit document as relevant.
• Ensuring that all conference & banqueting A.V. equipment is stored correctly & securely
• To assist in checking departmental rotas daily to ensure planned staffing is in line, with the days business and to liaise with HODs with regard to this.
• Ensuring all areas both front and back of house are kept well maintained and clean. These should be checked daily and remedial action taken immediately.
• To monitor staff competence in the use of all P.O.S. equipment and take action where necessary.
• To meet tour group guides, welcome the group and confirm food & beverage arrangements.
• To complete the SYS Diary at the end of each shift.
• To communicate all sickness/absenteeism to the relevant HOD and complete relevant documentation.
• To comply with any company policy especially health & safety procedures e.g. fire evacuation procedures, food poisoning allegations, accidents etc.
• To comply with any reasonable request by senior management.
KNOWLEDGE OF FRONT OFFICE TECHNOLOGY
• Is fully conversant with the hotel reservation system
• Is able to operate switchboard, telefax, key equipment, credit card machines and printers, hotel alarm systems, and other Front Office equipment
SECURITY, HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensures that own cash is secure at all times
• Ensures all discrepancies in own cash are declared to the Reception Manager and Controller
• Ensures that guest details are not disclosed
• Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy
• Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the Reception Manager, and Security
• Notifies Reception Manager and Executive Housekeeper regarding lost and found objects
• Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
• Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
• Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
• Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
• Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
• Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Reception Manager
• Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
Hotel or Business Details
The Park Inn by Radisson, Shannon, Co. Clare. Ireland
- Temps plein
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat