Description du poste
ABOUT ROSEWOOD HOTEL GROUP
Rosewood Hotel Group, one of the world’s leading hotel companies, encompasses three brands: Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®, New World Hotels & Resorts® and KHOS™. Its combined portfolio consists more than 40 hotels in 19 countries. Known for distinctive, refined service in cultures throughout the worlds. We want to be progressive in our service yet remain timeless. Whether you work with us or stay with us, Rosewood Hotel Group creates enduring relationships in engaging environments.
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT / TEAM
The Design and Project Services Department spearheads the creative development process across the Rosewood brand from the initial stages of pre-development through successful completion and opening of each hotel. A diverse and multi-skilled range of expertise and specialists that provide a one-stop portfolio of services to support hotel owners / developers in the creation of our collection of hotels for new builds, conversions and renovation projects. The Design Team specifically works with the hotel owner/ developer, design professionals and Rosewood Hotel Group operations team throughout the design process to ensure brand design philosophy, brand standards and brand integrity are maintained.
THE IMPACT OF THIS ROLE
The Design Manager acts as a brand guardian in all areas related to Design & Project Services. This role ensures that the brand design philosophy and standards are maintained through detailed design reviews as well as giving guidance to all key consultants. This function will provide design, operational and brand direction for assigned projects from kick-off meeting through to project completion and hotel opening.
- Coordination of multiple projects for all brands. Works with owners, design consultants, relevant Rosewood departments and field operations teams during all phases of projects to implement Rosewood Hotel Group’s Design Standards.
- Participates in collaborative sessions involved in reviewing, providing design direction and improving the design philosophy for each brand from the initial space planning and conceptual design through all design phases of a project.
- Establishes, coordinates and updates area programs throughout the duration of the project.
- Attends meetings, at site or property visits.
- Will be required to do desktop reviews and property improvement plans (PIP) for potential projects including conceptual sketch designs to assess their viability.
- Reviews drawings and specifications submitted by design consultants. Produces written documents, sketches and CAD drawings to communicate effectively with key consultants.
- Prepares Heart of House sketches / CAD layouts and specifications to ensure these meet Design Standards and functionality.
- Liaises with Project Management team in all areas of design to ensure targets dates are met and design / operational issues are identified in a timely manner.
- Develops and updates Design Standards as related to the division/department for implementation in the field while ensuring compliance and consistency.
- Keeps up to date with the newest design innovations, consultants and projects worldwide.