Description du poste
Rosewood Washington DC
Director of Housekeeping
Ideally located in the charming neighborhood of Georgetown, alongside the historic C&O Canal, Rosewood Washington, D.C. features 55 rooms, 12 suites, and 6 townhouses. The hotel, which opened in 2013, offers ample privacy, bespoke guest services and a tangible connection to the culture and traditions of the nation’s capital.
In addition to its enviable location, Rosewood Washington, D.C. presents its guests with peerless amenities and facilities. Overlooking the picturesque canal, CUT by Wolfgang Puck and CUT Bar surprise and delight with a creative, seasonally inspired menu and masterful libations. On the rooftop, CUT Above, a wraparound bar and lounge area boasts a stunning indoor-outdoor swimming pool and sweeping views of the Potomac River, Washington Monument, Roosevelt Island and the spires of Georgetown University. Fitness and spa services, private dining and meeting venues, and a calendar of intriguing curated events and occasions round out the hotel’s remarkable offerings.
The Director of Housekeeping will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the Housekeeping department, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for maintaining and implementing all COVID safety protocols and standards to support our efforts in mitigating exposure. Will also assist in managing of any outside contracts.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all Rosewood Housekeeping and departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that Housekeeping standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Establish and maintain the cleanliness of the Hotel and institute work rules to accomplish same.
- Coordinate with Human Resources in establishing training methods and procedures for development of employees.
- Develop working schedules to meet peak performance and stock periods. Maximize payroll control.
- Keep a close partnership with Front Office to ascertain and meet anticipated guest check-in and check-out.
- Provide daily inspection of all areas to meet/ exceed hotel standards and address necessary orders to correct shortcomings.
- Meet regularly with Engineering to ensure smooth flow of repair work.
- Keep good Room and F&B linen inventory and assist with control of cost and waste.
- Prepare annual Housekeeping (FF&E) and Operating Equipment Budget in consultation with Management.
- Meet with vendors or outside consultants in order to keep informed of development and be updated on all new and/or improved cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Work closely with Managing Director in order to keep expenses within monthly forecast.
- Work closely with Finance team to ensure regular purchase and flow of supply and to keep a close supervision on Housekeeping storeroom inventories.
- Maintain stock and control of all supplies, making sure that we requisition on a timely basis so as not to disrupt the work flow.
- Supervisor night contracted cleaning company and advise of hotel needs.
- Maintain all storage areas and keep in good standing.
- Make recommendations to management for modernization of equipment and chemicals.
- Oversee the Laundry process with outside vendor and quality control of all materials.
- Attend specified hotel meetings.
- Keep in compliance with all OSHA regulations.
- Foster and cultivate an engaging and productive working environment.
- Ensure that all employees are trained, informed and adhering to all safety and cleanliness standards.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required and outlined by the Managing Director.
The list of responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position. The company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.