Description du poste
Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That''s why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding. It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
We are currently searching for a superstar Guest Hospitality Ambassador to join our Guest Services team. Our ideal candidate will have a genuinely warm presence, friendly & sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, and outwardly gracious & humble. They will bring experience gained from within Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, or from within another world class hotel or resort. They would be a consummate hospitality professional who creates memorable moments for our guests and warmly and genuinely engages our guests and their fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you ready to be part of the best in the city? Are you Shangri-La?
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate a high degree of identity and strives to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests, providing Shangri-La hospitality from caring people
- Rotate between shifts in Front Desk and Service Centre, handling guest arrival and departures, guest telephone inquiries and in-house shopping purchases
- Ensures compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices
- Maintains positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards
- As true service Ambassadors, meets service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail
- Actively demonstrates teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
- Welcome guests at airport and communicate effectively with the hotel
- Perform check-in and escort guests to their rooms in accordance with core practices
- Perform cashier duties and check-out procedures
- Take part in room inspection process
- Ensure that all requests are prepared prior to guest arrival
- Assist in handling of guest complaints and ensure that proper follow up takes place
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver will only consider those candidates who possess the legal right to work in Canada. Candidates must be either: Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or those in possession of an Open Work Permit and valid Social Insurance Number.
- Temps plein
- Central, Vancouver, Canada
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat