Description du poste
General goal of the function
To correctly welcome the guests properly guide and inform them during their stay, and correctly checking them out when they leave, both at the reception desk as well as at the switchboard.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Caring for a correct welcoming of the guests and checking in- and out, followed by a correct administrative process.
· Providing guests with information about different fields (hotel, surroundings, several institutions, foreign colleague hotels, etcetera)
· Assisting the Front Office Supervisors.
· Currency rates and credit-card paid-out bookings
· Ensuring a clean and orderly working environment and caring for the stock levels.
· Making reservations and confirming bookings in hotels, restaurants, flights, theaters, etcetera.
· Organizing guest transportation (cab, train, bus etcetera).
· Welcoming and transferring visitors of guests and staff.
· Allocating the rooms and if necessary move guests to another room.
· Checking the reservation lists for requests etcetera.
· Stimulating the room sale by using different room rates and rooms supplements (i.e. day prices VVV)
· Shipping and receiving post (i.e. packages)
· Handing over shifts and informing each other about ongoing affairs.
· Performing all the necessary tasks during the night shift, that belong to night reception/night audit
· Maintaining a good work relation with colleagues, and other departments
· Caring for a constant, high quality of service
· Avoiding and dealing with complaints together with the Supervisor and Front Office Manager.
· Living up to the Standard Operating Procedures of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.
· Attending the departmental meetings.
· Participating in the multi skilling program.
· Attending any necessary trainings if requested
· Doing all the necessary Guest Service Center tasks
· Offering a friendly, professional and fast service at all times
· Maintaining good contact with the guests.
· Executing any other task that might reasonably be expected of you within our hotel.
· Knowledge of the hotel procedures regarding hygiene, health, fire and safety.
· Complete knowledge of the staff handbook and the FO Manual
· Knowledge of at least two foreign languages besides mother tongue.
Main personal traits:
· Service oriented
· Able to deal with pressure
· Physically able to stand for longer periods of time
· Good social skills
· Good communicative skills
We offer a wide variety of trainings. This provides you with both national as well as international career-growth possibilities. It also gives you the possibility to develop yourself on a technical level and invest in a possible future career at our company. When you are curious about other departments you can apply for a cross training. Besides the on the job training, the following training will be offered: Next Generation Service Culture Training; this is an interactive and educational training of 120 days consisting out of botch classroom sessions as online modules. During these sessions you learn everything about Marriott as a hotel chain and in particular Sheraton as one of its 30 brands. This is a training all associates need to attend. All other trainings are to your availability as well, just inform your manager what you would like to learn and we will help you!
As an associate at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center, you will receive a paycheck conforming to the job market. Additionally, in our hotel your personal development is very important to us. We offer you the opportunity to reach your potential by taking part in a wide variety of trainings as stated above.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Temps plein
- Amsterdam, Pays-Bas
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat