Description du poste
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
See for yourself CLICK the links BELOW to WATCH …
HOW WE WORK ** HOW WE HAVE FUN ** and ** WHY WE STAY
Converted warehouse in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District, 44 bedrooms of varying sizes, Drawing Room, Club Bar, Library, Pantry Bar, Restaurant, Screening Room, Rooftop with Swimming Pool, 44-seat Screening Room and Cowshed spa
This position will be responsible for assisting the House Manager in managing housekeeping staff, inspecting guest rooms, training, coordinating and delegating tasks, and providing quality service to all guests who come to Soho House. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Planning and organizing accommodation.
- Coordinating guest and staff laundry services and ensures that charges are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to resolve employee and guest issues.
- Managing Housekeeping staff, including training, disciplinary procedures, delegation of work, evaluation of performance.
- Managing staff attendance and punctuality, coordinating staff levels to commiserate with business needs.
- Conducting regular walkthrough of the property to ensure standards of cleanliness.
- Conduct regular room inspections.
- Work closely with Front Desk and Engineering to coordinate room maintenance and guest check in.
- Monitor and report room discrepancies to the Front Office.
- Coordinate work orders with the Engineering Department and follow up until completion.
- Conduct daily preshift meeting with room and house attendant.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping services and equipment and take corrective action.
- Issue supplies and equipment to workers and oversee proper usage.
- Participate in training new hires and monitor their progress.
- Perform cleaning duties during emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.