Description du poste
Back of House Manager - The Ned, New Opening
POSITION: Back of House Manager
REPORTING TO: Hotel Director
ROLE BASED: The Ned, Poultry, London
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, we also have exciting new openings planned around the globe including Japan, China and India.
Located on Poultry Street, this new hotel is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co. The new project is a joint venture with Sydell group, a US hotel developer. We’re developing a Grade I listed building in the heart of the City to become a destination hotel with over 250 bedrooms. The hotel will have a gym, Cowshed spa as well as 9 restaurants, bars and extensive event spaces. There will also be member’s facilities, where members can enjoy the rooftop pool or in the member’s club.The Role
To provide the operations equipment and services at all times whilst maintaining the standards of hygiene, health and safety ensuring efficient and consistent services for both colleagues and guestsMain Responsibilities:
- To supervise all assistant chief stewards and stewards on duty
- To maintain and comply with hygiene, health and safety regulations including COSHH
- To maintain all operating equipment, floors, walls, ceilings and kitchen equipment to the highest standards of cleanliness
- To control the consumption of chemicals used in the different operative tasks and to train staff how to use them as well as to provide sufficient supplies of cleaning material
- To ensure a full understanding of the Due Diligence process as required by the manual
To be responsible for the correct operation and cleaning of all machinery, particularly dishwashers
- To check that the Assistant Back of House Manager and Stewards are on duty at the allocated time against the rota and that they finish at the required time.
- To ensure that all cleaning schedules for all areas of responsibility are carried out to the required standards
- To comply with company policy regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene, ensuring that the Assistant Back of House Manager and Stewards understand and comply
- To ensure that the rubbish throughout areas of responsibility is removed on a daily basis
- To ensure that all paper rolls, soap dispensers and chemicals for dishwashers are filled up by the Assistant on duty
- To ensure that the Assistant Back of House Manager on duty (events and operations) is supervising the stewards in order to ensure productivity levels and to check their working practices
- To train the Assistant Back of House Manager and Stewards to operate and maintain equipment and to clean areas of work to required standards and to use chemicals properly
- To carry out departmental induction for new employees, liasing with the Personnel and Training Department
- To assist all head of departments with reasonable requests, meeting with them on a daily basis
- To raise purchase orders, to organise stock-takes and to handle any unforeseen situations
- To ensure that the Assistant Back of House Manager and Stewards are wearing correct, clean and protective uniform in compliance with hotel grooming guidelines
- To report any faulty equipment, walls, ceilings and floors in all areas of responsibility to engineering
- To control the storage of operating equipment and the cleanliness and tidiness of the stores
- To ensure that the silverware is burnished or dipped as per the silvering schedule
- To attend to any relevant meetings and to communicate the topics discussed to the rest of the team
- To dispatch and collect equipment from all outlets
- To be aware of all functions which are happening the following day
- To communicate and liase with event Chefs, Head Waiters and Managers for any functions
- To hire, buy or borrow any equipment that is not available when required in compliance with internal Finance Controller guidelines
- To ensure the maintenance of all records of HACCPS and pest control are current and to guidelines
- To control financial obligations relating to the budget, costs, wages and contracts
- To hold regular meetings with night contractors and Westminster council removal contractors
- To be responsible for the negotiation of contracts and the maintenance of the contracts
- To carry out annual appraisals on all team members
- To liaise with the Training and Quality Assurance Manager on departmental training needs
Health and Safety
- To be aware of, and comply with, safe working practises as laid down under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Company H & S Manual, as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place
- To be aware of, and comply with Food Acts.
- To wear any appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Hotel.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to the Hotel procedures.
- To ensure any accidents to colleagues, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with Hotel procedures.
- To attend 6 monthly statutory fire training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning, fire, health & safety.
- To attend any training deemed appropriate by your Head of Department.
- To elect a departmental health & safety representative
- To ensure H&S representative attends all meetings
- To undertake responsibility for supervising, training and instructing colleagues in terms of H & S.