Description du poste
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
At Soho House the Bar team reports to a F&B Manager. The team is comprised of problem solvers who can think quickly on their feet, experts in providing exceptional service through unique experiences. The team is approachable yet sales oriented and passionate about food, drink and culture. They are adaptable, team players who proactively take ownership of deliverables and humbly provide results.
At Soho House, the Bar Captain responsible for representing the highest standard of service and respected example for their peers to look to for support. As the Bar Captain, you are an extension of the management team and supervise staff during the shift and ensure cocktails, coffees, juices, & wine are sent out to the floor and served at the bar in accordance to standards set for service and quality control.
A Bar Captain requires high levels of organization, problem-solving and communication skills. You may also be responsible for supervising multiple aspects of supplying, running, and operating the bar. Ultimately, your main responsibility is to ensure that the bar staff provides positive experiences!
- Act as extension of management team and maintain the following programs: house-made syrups, fresh juices, batching, barrel aged cocktails, bespoke coffee, hot beverages and any specialty cocktails
- Ensure cleanliness of the bar including underneath bar top, the sink basins, speed rails, storage areas, floors and drains below the wells, back bar bottles, glassware shelves, all metal surfaces on low boys and espresso machine
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation as well as update Side Work Sheets to be up to date while communicating any inventory and purchase orders required to efficiently and effectively operate the bar
- Represent Soho House ethos & standards and the philosophy of House Tonic program while influencing sales to generate revenue
- Complete, delegate and support management by carrying out any opening and closing bar duties and ensure the bar is set-up to Health Department and Soho House standards
- Assist and participate in the development of seasonal menu implementations for the beverage program, including new product tasting with suppliers
- Support and participate in product and skill educational opportunities and the development of the beverage training program for all staff
- Well-versed and knowledgeable about all menu items (food and drink), pairing opportunities and upselling to provide optimal guest / member experience
- Follow service standards, mixture of ingredients to craft a Soho cocktail and collection of payment through MIROS (or similar POS)
- Check identification of customers to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products as well as determine when a customer has had too much alcohol.
- Comply with all allergy procedures and maintaining a clean, sanitary, healthy and safe work environment for staff, members, guests and safety regulations and maintains the Health & Safety standards as per the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA)
- Performs other duties as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + RRSP: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.