Description du poste
Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
The Head of Communications for Soho House in North America will oversee consumer and corporate communications for Soho House in the Americas (North America, key LATAM and Caribbean markets and Canada), developing and driving a compelling external communication strategy that communicates the Soho House brand to new and existing audiences alike.
Reporting to the North American Soho House leadership team and Soho House Global Director of Communications, the Soho House Head of Communications for the Americas will create and deliver a clear and consistent narrative about who Soho House is and how the brand will develop over the coming years in this key market for the Group, which represents 60% of the Soho House business.
This is key strategic role for the group and the successful candidate will lead a team to deliver a communications plan that reaches new and existing members and key stakeholders across their region. The successful candidate will also be able to:
- Strategise, plan and manage ‘hero’ opening and launch moments in the North America - delivering elevated, high profile, 360-degree communications approach that covers media, social, digital, content, events and influencer advocacy.
- Protect the brand at all times, managing the reputation of Soho House in the North America by ensuring water tight escalation and issues managements processes are in place in order to identify and mitigate issues quickly and effectively.
- Use external communications to support specific business focuses for Soho House in North America including: Soho Works, Soho Home, restaurants, spas as well as new membership offerings and products.
- Support corporate and internal communications for the Americas team, in close partnership with The Group Communications Director, the Soho House Americas leadership team and the Soho House founder and president when relevant
The role will be based in the Soho House & Co New York headquarters.
Strategy and Planning
- Support and drive Soho House’s strategic objectives and deliver an external communications plan in the Americas, which reflects the company’s mission statement, ethos and values.
- Support the key strategic business pillars – including global member acquisition targets by reaching new and relevant audiences with the Soho House story
- Launch all new Houses and Works sites in the market - planning and executing a 360-degree communications approach across media, social, digital, content, events, influencer advocacy, with the aim of creating both brand halo moments and acquiring members
- Ensure that communications activities are tracked against objectives and KPIs, putting in place systems for measurement, evaluation and reporting to the Soho House leadership team; as well as the wider organisation
Driving the narrative and telling the story in the Americas
- Messaging and positioning – finesse and deliver the Soho House core messages via long term strategic communications plans including consumer to corporate media, including the Soho Houses financial growth story/articulating our KPIs and success criteria
- Deliver Elevated media relations – the successful candidate will have a black book of media contacts globally - editor level across finance, business, music, art, fashion, news and general culture
- ‘Dial up’ specific stories depending on the strategic needs of the business e.g demonstrating Soho House’s website and other digital channels: a best-in-class online resource for consumers and stakeholders
A global and collaborative approach
- Lead the North American communications team and agencies to deliver external story telling of Soho House’s world-class content, services and products, - driving awareness, consideration and ultimately engaged usage of Soho House and all our platforms
- Collaborate with global communication leads and agencies to bring country/market specific content and communications to life
- Build strong and productive working relationships across (specifically digital and member relations teams) the business to gain insight and value/support to the needs of key Soho House stakeholders
- Identify key areas where the brand can improve and grow and bring these into the business - via partnerships or creative collaborations
Protecting the brand at all times
- Protect the reputation of Soho House in North America by building key industry contacts and overseeing the issues management communications process globally: both proactive and reactively.
- Assess, manage and mitigate reputational risk to Soho House around the world on an ongoing basis
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career.
- Discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- Annual Every House Membership
- In conjunction with Soho Impact, take 3 days paid a year to support a charity of your choice.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.