Description du poste
Housekeeping Manager - Babington House
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
Set in 18 acres in the heart of Somerset, Babington House opened in 1998 for those who wanted to enjoy the countryside but weren’t prepared to compromise on urban luxuries. With 32 individually designed bedrooms for all occasions as well as the Main House were you will find the restaurant, traditional stone Orangery, Deli Bar, Library, Snooker Room and Study.
Other facilities at Babington House include the Cowshed Relax spa, indoor and outdoor heated pools, a gym, steam room, sauna, and Cinema. The grounds have tennis courts, a cricket pitch, croquet lawn, walled garden which or gardens grow herbs, vegetables which supply our kitchen daily as well as our onsite chapel and idyllic lake.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Housekeeping Manager to work with our fantastic Housekeeping team here at Babington House. You must have previous experience with high standards, working with a large, diverse team and also great attention to detail. The role will be in charge of all rooms and public areas around the site including stock take, ordering and laundry services.
- To assign Housekeeping Attendants sections and prepare daily work sheets.
- To support the completion of all annual and mid-year team performance reviews.
- To assist in the selection process for new team members when necessary
- To supervise daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensure compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- To, when necessary, be “hands-on” and service rooms or public areas and cover the evening housekeeper shift as required.
- To check accommodation and public areas daily, to ensure cleanliness is of the required standard
- To ensure the department has proper supplies, equipment and uniform
- To act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Maintenance, Front Office and Laundry
- Training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees
- To regularly inspect all fixtures, fittings and appliances ensuring they are of the required standard and recommend any actions to be taken
If you are passionate about hospitality and have previous experience in a similar position at a fast-paced location, then we want to hear from you! This is a unique opportunity for someone who has exceptionally high standards to lead a passionate and dedicated team.
What we look for…
Attention to detail
Great people management skills to get the team fully behind the goals of the department
Passion for Housekeeping - rooms and all public areas
Wanting to make a difference to the experience of everyone staying with us or just visiting for the day
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
- Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
- Meal on shift
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
- Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites
Opportunities for all...
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.