Description du poste
Kitchen Porter – Pizza East - Target earnings up to £10 P/H
Pizza East is an Italian restaurant with Californian influence in the heart of Notting Hill. Pizza East-Portobello is spread over two floors of a restored Georgian pub, where Goldborne road meets Portobello road. We’ve stripped the building’s interior back and created a light and airy space with wooden floors and huge windows.
The Kitchen Porter is an invaluable position supporting all chefs within the kitchen environment to adhere to health standards and ensure a clean and efficient food service for our members. While working as a Kitchen Porter you will gain a vast cross section of transferrable skills such as organisation, problem-solving, multitasking, diligence and attention to detail. This role will also give you the opportunity to break into the Catering and Hospitality industry, where you can build a rewarding career progressing to Commis Chef, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef and beyond.
- Washing up kitchen equipment, utensils, cutlery and tableware to keep them in rotation
- Cleaning and clearing all kitchen areas
- Supporting the kitchen with prep of food to Pizza East standard
- Supporting the FOH with cleaning and polishing of plates and cutlery
- Sanitising food preparation surfaces
- Emptying bins
- Sweeping and mopping floors regularly, including cleaning up spills
- Unloading and putting away deliveries
- Help keep storage areas clean and organised
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and put away correctly
- Understanding of kitchen equipment
- Deep cleaning fridges and store rooms to maintain sanitary and kitchen safety standards
- Basic food preparation
- Reporting low stock of cleaning supplies to Senior Chefs for ordering
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
When you join you will receive a load of amazing benefits, including:
- Weekly Pay
- Soho Friends Membership
- Free meals whilst on shift
- 28 days holiday
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- We’ll support you with the tools and training you need to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Exclusive access to our benefits platform with hundreds of discounts on shopping, gym memberships, holidays, insurance and much more