Description du poste
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
Set in 18 acres in the heart of Somerset, Babington House opened in 1998 for those who wanted to enjoy the countryside but weren’t prepared to compromise on urban luxuries. With 32 individually designed bedrooms for all occasions as well as the Main House were you will find the restaurant, traditional stone Orangery, Deli Bar, Library, Snooker Room and Study.
Other facilities at Babington House include the Cowshed Relax spa, indoor and outdoor heated pools, a gym, steam room, sauna, and Cinema. The grounds have tennis courts, a cricket pitch, croquet lawn, walled garden which or gardens grow herbs, vegetables which supply our kitchen daily as well as our onsite chapel and idyllic lake.
The role ...
Working closely with the Operations Coordinator and General Manager, you will manage the maintenance team and all day to day maintenance requests around site.
The requirements of this role are as follows:
- Direct the maintenance team to ensure all daily tasks and checks are completed and documented.
- Ensure relevant paperwork related to jobs is completed/signed off.
- To control estate energy management systems and ensure services are utilized efficiently and managed daily.
- To help develop and implement standard operating procedures across site.
- To promote customer focussed maintenance support which is both responsive and of the highest quality.
- To oversee the daily job list and delegate jobs accordingly.
- To assist with the recruitment of new team members when required.
- Ensure the maintenance team have up to date training in all required areas and oversee their progression.
- To ensure all works are carried out within budget.
- To manage team rotas to ensure sufficient maintenance staffing at all times.
- To manage external contractors whilst on site ensuring health & safety and security measures are met as well as site etiquette.
- Maintain good relationships with Heads of Department to ensure maintenance requirements are being met in each department.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
- Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
- Meal on shift
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
- Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites
Opportunities for all...
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.