Description du poste
Inspiring Vitality Experiences One Heart at a Time
Made possible by Harry Weese’s visionary design, Swissôtel Chicago boasts “forever” views of the Chicago skyline, Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan. Our colleague culture is inspired by Vitality; united by a common goal to deliver heartfelt service, build meaningful relationships and lead quality lives. With incomparable event space, 662 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, a one of a kind penthouse ballroom and flawless food & beverage delivery, Swissôtel Chicago is the premiere hotel in Chicago for leisure and conference guests.
At Swissôtel Chicago, we put the emphasis on our people. We are extremely proud of our Vitality initiatives and offer a variety of wellness programs for our Colleagues, who – in turn – aspire to bring quality of life into our guests’ lives. Our goal is to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts talented individuals who wish to develop their careers within a culture that values creativity and innovation in order to execute winning results aligned with our Vitality vision.
To ensure the back of the house areas of assigned floors are kept clean, organized and in good condition.
To ensure that room attendants have needed supplies, to empty trash and soiled linens.
- Report to work according to dress code policy.
- Punch in/out as well as sign in/out time sheets daily.
- Supply all linen closets in assigned section with paper supplies, amenities and clean linen as needed.
- Empty trash and soiled linen from Room Attendant’s carts throughout the shift.
- Vacuum and edge clean hall carpet on each assigned floor.
- Maintain cleanliness of Guest Elevator foyer, to include, elevator doors and tracks, windows and sills.
- Maintain cleanliness of all hallway signage, pictures, light fixtures, fire extinguishers, air vents and walls
- Pick up all visible trash from service areas, hallways and stairwells. Remove all Room Service items to the service area.
- Maintain cleanliness of all service areas, linen closets, corridors and stairwells.
- At the end of the shift, recheck all assigned floors to ensure all floors are clean with no visible trash, room service items or linens.
- Ensure that all rollaway beds are made with fresh linen before storage.
- Keep all linen chutes and closets locked at all times.
- Answer the pager promptly and respond to Supervisors and Room Attendants requests as quickly as possible.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Employees must acquaint themselves with OSHA standards; employees must practice common sense and not expose themselves to any procedure, which is not within the bounds of good safe practice or in the hotel procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or one to two years related experience.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant pushing, pulling, lifting of up to 50lbs
- Occasional bending, squatting and kneeling
About Swissôtel Chicago's Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future.
Famous for blues, jazz, comedy, shopping, and dining - Chicago is situated in the hub of the Midwest. Our picturesque skyline ascends the waters of huge Lake Michigan – a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.
- Temps plein
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat