Description du poste
Be Bold, Be Inspired, Be You
Swissôtel Chicago is a luxury 4 star/4 diamond hotel with 661 rooms and suites located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Inspired by our brand pillar, Vitality, our Swissôtel Chicago family is united by a common vision to re-engage, re-inspire and re-vitalize our commitment to delivering quality service, building quality relationships and living quality lives.
At Swissôtel Chicago, we put the emphasis on our people. We are extremely proud of our Vitality initiatives and offer a variety of wellness programs for our Colleagues, who – in turn – aspire to bring quality of life into our guests’ lives. Our goal is to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts talented individuals who wish to develop their careers within a culture that values creativity and innovation in order to execute winning results aligned with our Vitality vision.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- To ensure the proper credit procedures are followed
- Apply paint, vinyl,and wallpaper including special papers and fabrics to walls, furniture, and structures
- Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming and fixtures
- Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading, and clear finishes
- Remove previous paint through sandblasting or scraping
- Inspect and refurbish wall surfaces
- Determine, cut, and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Order paint supply and materials
- Apply wood finishing by preparing the surface
- Cover interior walls and ceilings
- Operate various power and manual tools
- Able to work off of a ladder, scaffold, or scissor lift
- Follow protection procedures
- Clean up job site, equipment, and tools after work completion
- Maintain a clean work enviornment
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Looking for highly skilled painter with a minimum 5 years of experience
- Qualifications must meet the job description and responsibilities
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing throughout shift
About Swissôtel Chicago's Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future.
Famous for blues, jazz, comedy, shopping, and dining - Chicago is situated in the hub of the Midwest. Our picturesque skyline ascends the waters of huge Lake Michigan – a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.
- Temps plein
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat