Description du poste
Job Title: Senior Reservationist
Responsible To: Reception and Reservation Manager, Assistant Reservation Manager
Responsible For: Day-to-day operation of Reservations and Reception
To be a ‘voice’ of the Club; providing excellent, warm and friendly service to our members and their guests. To ensure strong member recognition. To work with the rest of the team to uphold correct booking policies and the Club rules.
• Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner by telephone or via e-mail correspondence. To screen and transfer calls to the appropriate departments with warmth and efficiency in accordance with the departmental standards
• Answering all incoming reservations calls and maximising covers at all times to achieve the daily recommended target
• Provide the table allocations to the respective departments
• Confirm all booking and reservations within 24 hours using Quadranet and Opera system.
• Monitor and control lost credit cards and lost property and inform the line manager
• Distribute the daily bookings reports to the front of house teams
• Coordinate and distribute the guest lists for service
• Organise large party bookings and pre orders and inform the respective areas
• Preparing function sheets for the FOH and reception team
• Administer all cancellations and no-shows in line with the company policy
• Keep abreast with current music programmes, art and members events to provide the most recent information to members and maximize booking opportunities
• Fulfill all reasonable requests from members to ensure their needs are satisfied.
• Maintain personal knowledge of all our members and refresh your knowledge constantly
• Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Participate and contribute at team meetings
• Carry out instructions given by the management team and head office
• Provide cover for the main reception desk should there be any need of assistance
• To maintain and update all profiles, histories and marketing databases
• To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Reception and Reservation Manager, for your own development
• To carry out any other reasonable request made by the Reception and Reservation Manager
• To ensure all cancelled/refused/waiting lists are recorded with the reason for cancellation/refusal and that all details are followed up and actioned
• To maintain close liaison with finance and the private events departments to ensure all business is recorded accurately and all rates/volumes quoted are within the planned selling strategy
• Control par stock for stationary items for the business
• To work in a safe manner at all times, to ensure personal safety and the safety of colleagues and visitors to the Club and report anything that may jeopardise safety to your Manager upon discovery including the actions of fellow colleagues.
• To attend all training sessions and meetings as requested.
• To maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture in accordance with Company standards.
• To work within the team and help where required within the business.
• To achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service to both external (i.e. paying customers) and internal customers (i.e. fellow colleagues) at all times
• To make suggestions to your Manager where possible which you feel will improve the operation, customer service and/or the success of your department and the Club
• To assist fellow colleagues both within and outside your normal department where possible to ensure operational and customer service requirements are achieved at all times.
• To report for duty on time and on the days rostered.
To be fully aware, competent in and follow at all times:
- Fire procedures
- Security procedures
- Health & safety policy and procedures
- The Arts Club facilities and opportunities to promote these to customers
- The Club’s departmental operational standards and procedures
- Short and long term sales and marketing promotions
- Customer service standards
- Company performance and conduct guidelines, policies and procedures
- To attend all fire, health and safety, training as requested.
To be familiar with and work to the stated standards both as an individual and a member of The Arts Club team to achieve the Company Mission Statement.
This list of duties is not exhaustive, nor is it intended to be, and duties are not listed in any order of priority.
- Temps plein
- Mayfair, Royaume-Uni
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat
The Arts Club
The Arts Club was founded in 1863 by men of vision in order to provide a haven for those people who had professional or amateur relationships with the Arts, Literature or Sciences and it has provided this hospitality and friendship ever since.
In 1896, the Club relocated from its original home on Hanover Square to its present elegant 18th Century townhouse at 40 Dover Street, affording its members a comfortable and impressive base in Mayfair. It has survived two world wars, including a direct hit on the building during the Blitz of 1940.
In the course of its existence the Club has included amongst its members many outstanding figures in the history of art, literature and science: writers such as Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins and Thomas Hughes; musicians such as Paolo Tosti, Charles Halle and Franz Liszt; artists such as Frederic Leighton, Walter Sickert, John Everett Millais, Auguste Rodin and James McNeill Whistler, as well as an array of pre-eminent surgeons, solicitors and professionals.
In September 2011, the Club re-launched after undergoing a complete renovation, transforming it into a truly venerable institution. The principal areas of interest amongst the current members are: art, architecture, fashion, film, literature, music, performance, photography, science, theatre and media. It proudly continues to be a hub for creative and entrepreneurial patrons to come together to meet, exchange ideas, dine and participate in the varied events, and the Club has reclaimed its place at the heart of contemporary cultural life in London.
The Club’s art collection remains at its very core, highlighting international trends, as well as maintaining a focus on British-based artists. Amelie von Wedel, the Club’s art advisor and curator, has chosen the pieces to include a combination of site-specific installations and carefully selected acquisitions. The permanent collection includes work by Tomas Saraceno, John Baldessari and John Stezaker, which sit alongside both the Club's historic collection and a series of temporary exhibitions which change throughout the year.