Description du poste
The Manager, OAK Long Bar Kitchen oversees the dining experience of all patrons, ensuring guest satisfaction in menu descriptions, wine choices, and daily specials. The manager expedites orders in a timely fashion and coordinates with the servers to ensure prompt, accurate delivery of food and beverage items.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fairmont Standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag while working.
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Meet, greet and seat the guests, and touch every table at least once during the meal.
- Act as liason between servers, guests, and kitchen.
- Take reservations for small and large parties, helping guests, and organizing parties.
- Oversee and assist daily opening, closing, and cleaning duties within corporate SOP format, and requisition necessary supplies for same.
- Actively experience the service.
- Oversee guest selection and ensure proper placement and distribution
- Duties may be added or amended at any time by management to ensure guest satisfaction
- Enter guest selections into computer occasionally
- Help keep restaurant and kitchen area clean
- Be aware of and suggest local entertainment, attractions, etc.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
- At least four years of fine dining experience required.
- High school diploma required.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Cash register system
- Wine opener
- Coffee maker
- Espresso machine
- Dessert cart (four wheel)
- Cognac “cordial cart”
- Hot plates
- Credit card machine.
- Long hours sometimes may be required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and date, and basic arithmetic functions.
OTHER ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage required.
- Thorough knowledge of wine selection required.
- Persuasive descriptive abilities helpful.
- Clean and well organized.