Description du poste
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of the ornamental plants, shrubs and trees on the hotel grounds and in the hotel’s shared spaces
- Operates mechanical and power equipment utilized in the maintenance of lawns, ornamental plants and trees
- Grooming and tending of lawns and gardens, inclusive of the roof-top herb garden, and ensuring a high level of aesthetic quality throughout the hotel property
- Actively participate in the Fairmont Empress’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Completing assigned responsibilities as required including Communications and Committee Meetings
- A minimum of six months of recent (in the last five years) Gardening experience. A post-secondary education in Horticulture or Landscaping may be considered in lieu of the required experience.
Recent (in the last five years) experience in a very physically demanding position.
Experience in a gardening/landscaping role in a high profile operation, and/or hotel setting is considered an asset.
Must be a reliable and dependable team player who has the ability to work well with minimum supervision.
Must be physically fit and enjoy working in the great outdoors, including adverse weather conditions.
Must have a valid BC Driver’s license and steel-toed boots.
Note: The position of Gardener’s Helper is strenuous and physically demanding. The successful applicant must be physically capable of standing/walking, squatting and kneeling for 90% of shift, performing repetitive work, as well as lifting and carrying heavy loads up to 80lbs. They must also be comfortable working outdoors in all elements.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Temps plein
- Downtown, Victoria, Canada
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat