Description du poste
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://pchresortscareers.com/careers/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As the local, on property sales/catering contact for customers, the Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities. Manages group/catering opportunities not handled by the Event Booking Center. Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible to learn how to support Marriott’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of Marriott International, across the enterprise.
Sales and Revenue Management
- Support Marriott’s Service and Relationship Strategy by planning and contracting the customer’s program/event, managing the success of the program/event and measuring our service effectiveness (through Event Satisfaction Survey).
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards, hotel’s Brand Standards and the operational aspects of business booked.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics and RHR Savvy Service Basics).
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Negotiates services of hotel and executes Marriott’s Group Sales Agreement for each business opportunity.
- Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Acts as customer liaison with hotel during customer event/program ensuring daily needs are met and overall customer satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Proactively identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Utilizes MarrWeb for resources and information (Training Energizers, etc.).
- Leverages available eTools (eRooming Lists, eProposals, Passkey, etc.).
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Referrals to other PCH hotels.
- Marriott rewards.
- Guest Satisfaction
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management/CS.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Reviews meeting planner results to understand level of guest satisfaction; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Varies by size and complexity of property
- Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to understand and execute and support Marriott Customer Service Standards and PCH Standards
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Superior guest relations skills
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively upsell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- GSO interaction
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including SFA, NGS, Delphi, etc.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Temps plein
- Point Clear, AL, États-Unis
- Ventes et marketing
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat