Description du poste
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment and Television Distribution (HETVD) sales team has an opening for a Director of Sales. The ideal candidate will have experience with the selling of media and film content in post theatrical, first-run and library (catalog) windows across various platforms including basic cable, digital providers (Diginet/OTT), and SVOD services. This position will report to the SVP/General Sales Manager, Cable and SVOD.
- Develop strategy, negotiate deals and drive execution to support HETVD’s strategic sales and financial goals across various post theatrical windows.
- Leverage experience in the media industry to manage large accounts with the leading media, cable, and OTT companies.
- Working with the sales team in strategizing, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Work with team to drive implementation of content strategies, content distribution deals, windowing strategies and sales.
- This position requires some travel, approximately 25%.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the content distribution/program sales, technology, OTT and content sales landscape is essential; experience with domestic and/or international syndication/programming sales marketplace.
- Ability to work with senior leaders and communicate effectively as a credible source with Executive Management.
- Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
- Exhibits strong skills in interpersonal communication and writing.
- Understands the competitive landscape and current competitive trends in the media/broadcast industry.
- 5+ years of experience working in media sales and content distribution.
- Must have a passion for media/entertainment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and structurally, with a track record in cross-platform content licensing or syndication.
- Exceptional people skills – including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration or related field required.