Description du poste
The position provides overall accounting services including balance sheet reconciliations to the participating hotels and the company’s own entities, management of the accounts payable, receivable function, month-end journals and closing, and other statutory and management reporting. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting requirements are met and assists the Accounting Manager to ensure that the participating properties receive the appropriate levels of service.
Expected Contributions - primary job responsibilities
- Oversee the month end closing process for the company’s own entities
- Prepare and/or review journal entries including revenues, expenses, payroll, adjustments, etc.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and analyze the variances (if any)
- Ad hoc reporting and forecasting
- Ensuring the timely payment for Accounts Payable invoices
- Ensuring accurately recharges to participating properties
- Ensuring the adherence policies and procedures.
- Assisting the budget and forecast process for company’s own entities
- Compiling month end statistics and reports for participating properties, owners and the regional team.
- Assisting the Accounting Manager with regular communication to internal and external customers
- Assisting the Accounting Manager to analyze and review expenditure trends for company’s own entities
- Assisting the Accounting Manager to ensure compliance with fiscal accountability and Marriott reporting and funding requirements
- Monitoring and reviewing accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness;
- Preparing and reviewing budget, revenue, expense, and payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents for company’s own entities
- Interacting with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required
- Supervising and leading the Accounts Assistants and other associates and/or student employees as required
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by senior managers.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in finance/accounting field or in similar role
- Knowledge and experience of hotel accounting principles preferred
- General ledger account balancing and reconciliations including journal entry and month end closing processes
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and local reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- In depth knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with tight month end closing process
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Well organized, efficient and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented person who can focus on the details.
- Responsible, honest and trustworthy
- Pleasant and professional manner
- Graduate in Accounting / Finance discipline
- CPA/CA qualified