Description du poste
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Administrative Assistant is ultimately responsible for the crew rotation of a clear defined set of vessels (operation). He/she ensures the smooth transition of newly hired crew, management and senior management to the vessels after the recruitment process is finished, and supports the onbording process. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Manager Human Resources.
This role is based in our Operational Head Office in Basel, Switzerland. Please note that we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland or are in possession of a valid work permit.
· Manage HR Administration and wellbeing of crew in an effective & compliant manner maintain employee records
· Responsible to regularly update the onboard crew planning according to needs and availability of crew
· Responsible to schedule crew within financial and FTE budget and according to rules & regulations
· Keep track of holiday account per employee and take balances into consideration for scheduling
· Control absences on a monthly basis before delivering to Payroll
· Prepare contract documents for employees and support with visa application process
· Gather all HR-needs of responsible area and initiate necessary actions in agreement with Senior HR Manager and Corporate Operation Manager
· Ensure and control that needed number & quality of crew for assigned operation is provided in time by recruiting
· Maintain close business relations with the responsible core team
· Maintain business contacts with recruiting & payroll department
· Analyze terminations / turnover data and initiate appropriate actions in coordination with the Corporate Operations Manager (COM)
· Act as employee relations agent for assigned area to ensure compliance
· Control staff satisfaction and initiate action to improve in coordination with COM
· Support responsible COM with deployment of management positions
· Coordinate employee performance review activities in area
· Conduct Ships visits to foster the Core Team with the onboard management and crew performance review
· Min. 2 years professional experience in a similar position
· Excellent English skills (written and verbal), German would be an advantage
· Strong analytical skills
· International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
· Excellent computer knowledge (MS Office, especially Excel)
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Positive personality, flexible, team player, resilient
WHAT WE OFFER
· Flexible working hours
· On-site employee restaurant (including complimentary soft drinks, juices and coffee)
· Regular company events, e.g. sports games, BBQ, cooking classes
· A modern working environment with height-adjustable desks
· A dynamic and fast-growing environment where you can drive your future
· A free cruise for you and your +1 every two years
- Temps plein
- Bâle, Suisse
- Ressources humaines
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat
Viking Cruises was founded by Chairman Torstein Hagen in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years.
With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history. Each journey includes daily shore excursions, and an exclusive Culture Curriculum program that provides destination immersion through music performances, cooking demonstrations, informative port talks and guest lecturers.
Viking River Cruises award-winning Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. Itineraries range from 8 to 23 days and feature the rivers of Europe, Russia, Egypt, China, and Southeast Asia.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first award-winning ocean ship with the 930-guest Viking Star. Sister ship Viking Sea joined the fleet in 2016, along with Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017. By 2028 Viking will have a fleet of sixteen ocean ships, making it the largest small ship ocean cruise line. Each ship boasts a veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge, and more. Itineraries range from 8 to 141 days and feature destinations such as Scandinavia and the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the British Isles, and the Caribbean.