Description du poste
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Food responsible for handling all raw meat preparations assigned by the Head Butcher.
Must have basic professional butcher knowledge and have a clear understanding of how to organize the stores/freezer, being familiar with company standard items.
- Basic professional butcher skills and a good understanding of how to handle, defrost, prepare and portion all cuts of meat.
- Basic Sanitation Skills (USPH).
- Basic mathematical skills and compute calculations.
- Practice economical work practices and avoid any wastage.
- Assist the Butcher during storing.
- Follow thawing and defrosting schedules/procedures according to USPH and company regulations.
- Responsible for the portioning of all meats (crew/staff) and other duties assigned by the Head Butcher.
- Assist the Head Butcher with inventory-taking for all raw meat products.
- Must be familiar with the Ship Rules and Regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Safety/Security Drills.
- Required to have basic USPH knowledge and comply with it at any given time.
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable. Health: Must be physically fit and in good health, minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Requires a minimum of three years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants); basic butchery skills are required.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take pride in their work. Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.
- Temps plein
- Bâle, Suisse
- Restauration cuisine, Autre
- Dès que possible
- Durée du contrat
Viking Cruises was founded by Chairman Torstein Hagen in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years.
With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history. Each journey includes daily shore excursions, and an exclusive Culture Curriculum program that provides destination immersion through music performances, cooking demonstrations, informative port talks and guest lecturers.
Viking River Cruises award-winning Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. Itineraries range from 8 to 23 days and feature the rivers of Europe, Russia, Egypt, China, and Southeast Asia.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first award-winning ocean ship with the 930-guest Viking Star. Sister ship Viking Sea joined the fleet in 2016, along with Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017. By 2028 Viking will have a fleet of sixteen ocean ships, making it the largest small ship ocean cruise line. Each ship boasts a veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge, and more. Itineraries range from 8 to 141 days and feature destinations such as Scandinavia and the Baltic, the Mediterranean, the British Isles, and the Caribbean.