Description du poste
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Beverage & Food Department
1. Organize Equipment for Food Preparation
· Oversee the preparation of kitchen equipment for use
· Oversee the equipment needed for Food production for menu items
2. Assist in the Presentation of Food
· Oversee and Assist the kitchen associates when needed in the preparation of food for service
· Oversee portioning and plating of food when needed
3. Receive and Store Goods
· Manage the receiving and storage of kitchen goods
· Keep control of all china, glassware, flatware and hollowware, and conduct regular quantity stock take
4. Clean and Maintain Equipment and Premises
· Oversee the cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment
· Oversee the cleaning of the premises
· Oversee the removal of waste
· Maintaining superior conditions of all equipment in the department. Ensuring that silverware is polished / burnished on a regular basis.
5. Maintain Hygienic Standards and Practices
· According to the HID
· Liaise with the Local Hygiene authorities and be up-to-date with the Hygiene laws
· Conduct Hygiene and chemical usage training
· Maintain hygienic kitchen and outlet areas
· Clean the kitchen and service equipment
· Monitor and Maintain Sanitation & hygiene
· Keep all china, glassware, flatware and hollowware, in a hygienic and clean condition.
· Awareness of Health & Safety Standards regarding the correct storage and use of chemicals. Ensure correct use & storage of same by steward
· Be well versed and knowledgeable of “brand name” Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
· Upgrade standards and procedures as required.
1. Take part in Strategic Planning and Development
· Take part in the preparation and planning and department/unit/outlet goals and objectives
· Take part in the planning rostering of Staff in all areas as per the business needs.
· Participate in the preparation of strategic plans and operation plans.
· Determining a purchasing plan, according to the financial budget of the outlet.
2. Determining optimum staffing, product,
· Stock and equipment levels, in relation to business needs, keeping in mind the various seasonal periods of business.
3. Assist with the development of new products and services
· Co-ordination of all aspects of the department operation to ensure that the service of the Department are delivered to guest or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectation and in accordance with W Retreat standards and procedures.
· Analyses and respond to guest feedback, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction information; and give a positive commitment to continuous improvement of product and performance.
4. Quality Management Systems
· Monitor the implementation of quality management systems
1. Cost Control
· Focus on energy conservation in the kitchen
· Introduce and monitor Control procedures for reducing breakage’s and loss of equipment
· Monitor the monthly stocktaking in stores and outlets
· Ensure using correct quantities of chemicals
· Maintain breakage reports with costs.
2. Manage Financial Matters
· Prepare and monitor stock of Equipment and chemicals
· Monitor, analyze and report variations from the budget
· Prepare unit/ outlet performance reports
1. Manage Purchasing & Stock Control in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager/Sr. Sous Chef & Director of BF
· Develop and monitor the implementation of purchasing procedures
· Develop purchasing specifications
· Assess tenders for goods and services
· Negotiate prices and terms of purchase
· Prepare budgets for purchases
· Establish economical order quantities
· Develop stock control procedures
2. Supervise Purchasing & Stock control
· Monitor the implementation of purchasing procedures
· Ensures that par stock of chemicals is always correct and sufficient
· Monitor the implementation of stock control procedures
· Prepare and interpret stock reports
· Be certified TSW, MFT, SOFT SKILLS and other management skills.
· Training, development and scheduling of talent.
· Determining and implementing ongoing training needs for associates at different levels.
· Understand Marriott International plans
3. Manage Work Operations
· Coordinate work operations within the department/ unit/ outlet
· Develop performance standards for operations in the department/ unit/ outlet
· Assess work operations and prepare plans to implement change when required
· Coordinate between other departments/ units
· Monitor productivity of the unit
4. Manage Industrial relations
· Prevent and resolve grievances, Resolve disputes
· Counsel talent and prevent work related problems
· Discipline staff
5. Talent Management
· Determine and plan for future staffing needs
· Recruit talent , Conduct Interviews
· Prepare talent rosters
· Facilitate multi-skill ensuring maximum flexibility of talent rotation to busy areas all exercised
· Maintain up-to-date talent records
· Customize position profiles for your area of responsibility using the W Retreat Human Resources Management System
· Manage talent training and development using W Retreat Human Resources Management System
· Assist with the planning and delivery of orientation programs
· Implement talent performance appraisals
· Carry out exit interviews
6. Supervise talent
· Provide ongoing advice and support to talent under your supervision
· Supervise talent performance
· Implement appropriate management practices that provide talent motivation and communication
7. Instruct talent (One to One)
· Provide one to one instruction to talent members when required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Temps plein
- Restauration autre
- Dès que possible