Description du poste
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ideal candidate will be a Cost Manager who can conduct cost analysis, cost tracking, forecasting, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects, as well as interact with the General contractors, architects engineer, vendors, business development and operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives, schedules and other information.
The Cost Manager will be responsible for overseeing cost tracking during construction to ensure projects stay within budget, as well as maintenance of contact with GCs and vendors to ensure ample supply of contractors and materials for upcoming projects. In this role you will be working directly with project teams including project managers, construction managers, design managers, architects, MEP engineers, interior designers, construction leads, and building information modelling experts.
- Prepare cost analysis sheets for assigned projects including collected costs from vendors and contractors.
- Analyze and negotiates change order with GCs and vendors.
- Provide valuation services and sign off for vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Follow approved budgeting practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- As requested, attends team meetings, answers any questions and resolves any issues regarding budget estimates
- Provide other services as directed including change order pricing, site visits, bid review and occasional collaboration with teams for other Constructors locations on specific bids.
- Interface with other individuals in the organisation to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organize and manage a centralised cost management database and a formal process to support budgeting to ensure historical data is utilised.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Share information about reliable contractors and suppliers with other Estimators. Develop and maintain effective working relationships so the needs of WeWork and its clients can be met.
- For negotiated work, ensure a complete review of plans and drawings, identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project.
- Provide detailed and accurate real-time cost forecasting on all projects under management.
- Analyze project data to provide clarity and analysis on budgeted costs versus awarded costs versus final cost and assist in the re-use of this data to better inform the budgeting process.
- Negotiate, agree and settle final accounts and close out statements.
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemised lists.
- Compute cost factors and prepare budgets used for management purposes such as planning, organising, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or General contractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Consult with team, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Organize and manage a centralised cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilised.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Review plans and architectural drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering or Management or equivalent work experience is required plus 3-5 years of general construction estimating experience in interiors or base building projects
- Must be able to speak German
- Well-developed budgeting, communications, construction knowledge, financial analysis, purchasing, negotiation and computer skills are required
- 5+ years of experience with commercial interior fit-outs, on very tight time frames with high-end finishes
- Experience in conceptual, schematic, pre-construction phases of projects
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanour at all times
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Planswift, and Microsoft Office
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about best in class design, construction, and project execution
- A team collaborator, clear communicator, prudent risk-assessor, and effective motivator
- Habitually thinking outside the box and exploring new ways to execute projects
- Committed to continuous improvement and optimising productivity