Description du poste
The Capital Planning role is responsible for creating and maintaining a center of excellence around capital expenditure. This individual will be the thought leader for capex data and reporting, capital forecasting, maintenance and enforcement of the Capital Policy, development of surveillance frameworks for Member Specific and post-open capex, and will drive efforts with in-house technology teams to develop tools for the systematic oversight of capital deployment. This would include the ongoing management of a standard set of capex data frameworks, forecasting processes, tools, and analytics used worldwide and all related reporting.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Revenue and Corporate Planning, the Manager of Capital Planning would own cross-functional relationships with globally distributed business partners across the spectrum of capex-related activities. This includes coordinating with local development counterparts to gather and analyze data, fostering relationships to ensure consistent and accurate flows of information, oversight of projects and allocated spend to ensure efficient deployment of capital and adherence to policies. This role will partner closely with the regional finance teams as well as cross-functionally (development, enterprise services, building operations, building technology, and technology). Your contributions will have a direct impact on our business, helping our team to ensure responsible and efficient deployment of company resources, analyzing and forecasting capex spend for corporate planning exercises, and construction of systematic frameworks to improve operational efficiency and accuracy of reporting.
To succeed in this role, you have strong leadership, communications and relationships skills as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. You will have significant autonomy, so we’re looking for good judgement and experience working multi-functionally and at all levels.
- Capex Data and Reporting: Construct a foundation of comprehensive, high integrity data points stored centrally for consumption by global stakeholders for the purposes of Capex reporting, forecasting, oversight of spend, and capital management
- Capex Forecasting: Leverage the foundation of capex data and regional participation to create a reliable and accurate capex forecast for all in-flight and scheduled capex projects. Capex forecasts, encompassing all pre and post-open capex budgets will be loaded to the data warehouse upon execution to further facilitate consistent and efficient capex reporting
- Capital Policy: The new capital policy was created with oversight, efficiency, and stakeholder engagement in mind. The prior policy was overly complex and poorly socialized with business partners driving inefficiency and poor adoption
- Member Specific Capex: Establish a robust data set on Member Specific Capex projects to facilitate appropriate oversight and analysis on Firm capital deployed against Member Specific Capex projects
- Technology and Systems: Create a web-based application to support efficient front-end budget submission, review, and approval. Establish a robust backend data infrastructure for the aggregation of key data points associated with submission to address existing and new business needs (i.e. documentation of approval, MSC budget tagging). Integrate the tool with other systems to improve efficiency of execution across up and downstream systems to remove manual elements of the budget process (i.e. Workday budget uploads, validation against underwrite, communication with ProCore/Honest Buildings)
Who we are looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
- 7+ years of strategic finance and/or consulting experience
- Strong business insights and proven project management skills
- Management expertise to lead teams across functions at WeWork
- Superb communication and facilitation skills (oral, written and listening);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence through all levels of the organization
- Expert user on Excel / Strong modelling, statistical analytics, and business intelligence
- Business analytics / data aggregation and analysis tools
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life’s work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
Our mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. We believe in empowering our team to create their own life’s work. We move fast and we challenge each other, but we look after each other and care about our culture, which makes working here extremely rewarding. There’s a lot of work left for us to do, and we couldn’t do it without a single member of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
WeWork will not cover the cost of relocation for this position. Should your application be successful, you would be responsible for your own relocation expenses.